Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 06:39 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRenaud View Post
We've had the same great experience with our current insurance company and the part I like most is I deal with the same people who've been ther for years instead of "which ever rep is available at the time of your call". We are on first name basis with them and they KNOW us. It's like the old fashioned customer service like it used to be. I asked USAA if they provided this service and they said no. With that and the horrible experience trying to give them my business, it just left a bad taste in my mouth

So your asking if an insurance company that has 9+ million members, about 14000+ employees, if you could have a personal rep that could be available for you 24/7?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 07:34 PM

318 posts, read 570,682 times
Quote:
We've had the same great experience with our current insurance company and the part I like most is I deal with the same people who've been ther for years instead of "which ever rep is available at the time of your call". We are on first name basis with them and they KNOW us. It's like the old fashioned customer service like it used to be. I asked USAA if they provided this service and they said no. With that and the horrible experience trying to give them my business, it just left a bad taste in my mouth
This is exactly why USAA is usually significantly less expensive than other insurance companies. Most people today don't need an agent to act as a middleman. USAA has no agents working for them that make commissions off your business. It is a direct relationship that is primarily phone and Internet based. USAA's customer service has been ranked among the top 5 businesses in the country along with Lexus, Nordstrom and other service oriented brands - no other insurance company can come close to that. It's unfortunate to hear of someone having a bad experience, but our family has only had very positive interactions with the company.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:40 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
So your asking if an insurance company that has 9+ million members, about 14000+ employees, if you could have a personal rep that could be available for you 24/7?
Well yes.......and???? LOL. I like the personal service, does that make me evil???

Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerneMan View Post
This is exactly why USAA is usually significantly less expensive than other insurance companies. Most people today don't need an agent to act as a middleman. USAA has no agents working for them that make commissions off your business. It is a direct relationship that is primarily phone and Internet based. USAA's customer service has been ranked among the top 5 businesses in the country along with Lexus, Nordstrom and other service oriented brands - no other insurance company can come close to that. It's unfortunate to hear of someone having a bad experience, but our family has only had very positive interactions with the company.
My rates are a bit higher, but it's worth it to get the personal service

Old 02-22-2013, 09:19 PM

318 posts, read 570,682 times
It's not just the rate difference - USAA members own the company and get a portion of the company's profits returned to them as well. I have never known an insurance agent that can reliably beat USAA rates. One good friend who is an agent for a competitive company tells me that if a prospective client is eligible for USAA insurance, he already knows that he won't get the business 99% of the time. The 1% are probably people that want the face to face relationship. Nothing wrong with that; just two different business models.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerneMan View Post
It's not just the rate difference - USAA members own the company and get a portion of the company's profits returned to them as well. I have never known an insurance agent that can reliably beat USAA rates. One good friend who is an agent for a competitive company tells me that if a prospective client is eligible for USAA insurance, he already knows that he won't get the business 99% of the time. The 1% are probably people that want the face to face relationship. Nothing wrong with that; just two different business models.
While some of their insurance products are less expensive, others are not. My umbrella policy would be double the cost at USAA and to insure my jewelry was 40% more also. Overall though USAA was cheaper but not by much at all. I think it's great many of you have had a great experience with them. It just wasn't my experience

Old 02-25-2013, 09:10 AM

52 posts, read 93,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I'm assuming you're not already a USAA member. If you're not already a member, the answer to the question of what you're eligible for is complicated. When you're a member, the reps can see it on the screen in front of them.

My advice is to join first, then explore the products.
wait... when did pelosi get a c-d account??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccvms View Post
All I will add is, dont use your SACU card outside of SA or Austin, as it will be declined "for our protection". We explained work has us traveling outside of the area 40% of the time, can they waive this policy? We were told NO! Needless to say we now put 1% of our earnings in that account weekly. We would drop them but we have an auto loan and agreed to use their auto payment each month.
oh god tons of THIS. despite the woes of paypal, i have to use them to bypass SACU's ridiculous rules. they have banned transactions in california, PA, and a host of other states 'due to fraud'.

i had to fax in a statement saying i wanted this block permanently removed (bank mgr said this would get it removed). did it work? nope.

since xfer'ing money is super easy with SACU, i opted to take a less painful route and link a paypal account (complete with paypal debit card) to my SACU account. GUESS WHAT? NO MORE STUPID FILTERS! i can order off newegg, 1saleday, amazon, bensoutlet and a host of others i couldnt with my SACU card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
NOW I have a check that has been ENDORSED, with MY signature to try and work on behalf of our son who is not in country currently!
unless you used a security pen, acetone will remove that signature off that check.

Quote:
I've never had a problem using my SACU card anywhere and I travel all over the country and abroad
you must be one of the lucky ones. read my thoughts on them up a little bit. i had issues ordering from a ton of popular websites because of their location (california or pennsylvania).

Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 AM

4,064 posts, read 5,646,222 times
I wouldn't use ANY debit card on the internet anyway! That is just not a safe practice. I only use my regular credit cards or DH's paypal account on the net. I prefer the personal SACU service on occasion...I know if I need any help, they're there for me. I like the convenience of SACU's many offices and ATM's. I've never had any problem using my SACU debit card in other Texas towns and cities, but can't say anything for out of state or country as I don't travel that far.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:54 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,438,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post

If you use the AR USAA, I HIGHLY recommend "Anthony" at the desk...what a WONDERFUL young man and so very willing to help with every aspect of banking needs!
Can you use the AR office to do cash deposits? I wasn't aware there was even a bank there, just the ATM, and I'm extremely hesitant to ever deposit cash into an ATM.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
Can you use the AR office to do cash deposits? I wasn't aware there was even a bank there, just the ATM, and I'm extremely hesitant to ever deposit cash into an ATM.

And you have good reason to be. I have had multipal issues with the USAA ATM, It always got worked out, but 1st time it took them 1 month to get my money back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio