Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 AM

137 posts, read 278,879 times

Advertisements

Hi ya'll.

Apparently when our lease is up we can go month to month for a few months. So I want to come down for 2 or 3 weeks to get a sense of the day after day of 95+ temperatures and how it feels.

I'm looking for your long term experience of when it starts and when it ends.

We come from SW FL and the 90+ was May through October maybe a little before and after but for sure those are the months it wasn't getting below 90. So what are your months of not going below 95?

I want to come as a tourist and see if I can stay out and about, zoo, river walks park etc, or if what I keep desiring, is to run back to the motel and air conditoning. That is how we felt in SW FL, just didn't want to be outside, so we don't want to move to SA if that is gonna be how it is. So this is why I need to know when the heat ramps up so I can come on down.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 09:56 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
Summer seems to begin here on the Ides of March and lasts until October the 13th.

The 95° weather will quickly turn to 100°+ so visit before May Day and after September the 25th for around 95°ish weather.

q:

If you dress properly with long sleeves and a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and plenty of water then you will do fine. They sell walking sticks at the zoo. They might slow you down but they are great to lean on.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:18 AM

431 posts, read 1,204,462 times
May is usually when things start to hit the nineties. It has happened as early as April, though. July, August, and most of September are HOT.

Also, keep in mind that we don't have consistently hot years. Some are worse than others. I mean--it will get hot, but years like 2010 were extremely hotter than usual.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:21 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times

Old 03-08-2013, 10:25 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,063,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimerswt View Post
May is usually when things start to hit the nineties. It has happened as early as April, though. July, August, and most of September are HOT.

Also, keep in mind that we don't have consistently hot years. Some are worse than others. I mean--it will get hot, but years like 2010 were extremely hotter than usual.
I would have to include April (mid April anyway)...it's usually earlier than May. We could be so lucky to have it wait until May!

Old 03-08-2013, 10:26 AM

Sometimes no (or very little) cooling until Halloween nears. I hate those years. Seems like those temps never seem to end!

Old 03-08-2013, 12:11 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TULSA2ABQ View Post
We come from SW FL
I spent almost 30 years in southwest Florida (Port Charlotte) and the summers in San Antonio barely faze me because the humidity tends to be low most of the time. I can spend all day outside in the Texas heat; in Florida I dreaded the walk from my front door to my car.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:35 PM

137 posts, read 278,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
I spent almost 30 years in southwest Florida (Port Charlotte) and the summers in San Antonio barely faze me because the humidity tends to be low most of the time. I can spend all day outside in the Texas heat; in Florida I dreaded the walk from my front door to my car.

OP here, that is EXACTLY me. I never wanted to be outside and dreaded just opening the door and going to the car.

That is why I figured if I can handle 95 in SA then I can do it. I know it gets 100+ but I was hoping that was only during the July August and some on either end. That is HOT, but that is SUMMER. What I didn't want is the 6-7 months straight unbearable every single day, which pretty much sums up SW FL to me, May through October. If your Spring/Fall is allright, can get out and about then Yippee.

I hope I'm making sense!

I thank everyone for their posts. Keep it coming so I can get a handle on the soonest I can come to guarantee 95+ to see what that is like.

(Pinky swear DerpyDerp that SA is that different from SWFL?)

Old 03-08-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
OP here, that is EXACTLY me. I never wanted to be outside and dreaded just opening the door and going to the car.

That is why I figured if I can handle 95 in SA then I can do it. I know it gets 100+ but I was hoping that was only during the July August and some on either end. That is HOT, but that is SUMMER. What I didn't want is the 6-7 months straight unbearable every single day, which pretty much sums up SW FL to me, May through October. If your Spring/Fall is allright, can get out and about then Yippee.

I hope I'm making sense!

I thank everyone for their posts. Keep it coming so I can get a handle on the soonest I can come to guarantee 95+ to see what that is like.

We do go through stretches of that (seems like it's forever to me) but not 6-7 months straight. Lived in SW FL for a time as well.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:18 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,925 times
Quote:
All my neighbors in FL were cranky old retirees who hated kids. In my SA neighborhood most people are in their thirties and forties and there are kids running all over the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio