Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 03:33 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Windcrest had the coyote problem not long ago.. Not too surprising, I'd see deer on Eisenhauer Rd. back in the 70's outside 410 in Camelot. ..as for the horny toads I still have a photo at least. From the SA Zoo I think.

My son sent me a photo of one he found in California while camping/backpacking. Couldn't find that one.
I thought horned toads were extinct, but I have TWO of them living in my back yard...they LOVE to sun out on our back deck (I'll try and get a pic, but thru the solar screen not sure I can)!!! And since we moved in here, also realized that fire flies still exist here, but I guess ya have to live up against a greenbelt area to know that anymore. Was shocked at both!!! Also seen road runners and I have heard that there is a large cat in the area (seen by others in the community, but not me personally).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 03:43 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
That little I guy has nothing on the Iguanas I saw in Key West Last weekend. I'm just not that comfortable with a lizard growing so large...

While we are on the cats topic we saw a lot of six toed cats on the key lounging around.

Is it me or does that Iguana picture look very dated? Like the 1980s?

I haven't seen people dress like that in awhile.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:10 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I thought horned toads were extinct, but I have TWO of them living in my back yard...they LOVE to sun out on our back deck (I'll try and get a pic, but thru the solar screen not sure I can)!!! And since we moved in here, also realized that fire flies still exist here, but I guess ya have to live up against a greenbelt area to know that anymore. Was shocked at both!!! Also seen road runners and I have heard that there is a large cat in the area (seen by others in the community, but not me personally).
Yeah these days you're about as likely to see one as you are to see a cougar. Maybe less likely. I played with them all the time as a kid. Hold them by their horn and rub their tummy ...put them to sleep. Now I think the photo I posted was the one my son sent me from the mountains of California.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:40 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Yeah these days you're about as likely to see one as you are to see a cougar. Maybe less likely. I played with them all the time as a kid. Hold them by their horn and rub their tummy ...put them to sleep. Now I think the photo I posted was the one my son sent me from the mountains of California.
ME TOO!!! They would fall fast asleep and stay that way until you flipped them over!

Old 05-25-2013, 06:13 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,928,902 times
TP&W says it was a bobcat. They didn't explain how they reached that conclusion. I assume they either have scats, tracks, or a trailcam pic.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:51 PM

Can't see a bobcat messing with pets of any size larger than a Boston Terrier. But, there certainly are plenty bobcats around.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:39 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,907 times
Default I agree,

Your supposition is correct- that iguana picture ain't from last week. It looks like a dated picture.
Very low resolution too. As if it were taken with an older camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post

Old 05-25-2013, 07:49 PM

It's Key West..... Funkytown! I have a more up to date iguana pic somewhere. Still looking for Mountain lion photo.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:57 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post

Lol it is. I googled it because I didn't take any of the iguanas.

They just looked sooo prehistoric to me and they moved extremely fast.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:14 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,653,212 times
We have a family ranch out in sisterdale just north of Boerne and
we have had a mtn lion with 2 kittens running around since maybe nov/dec. Off time of year but it happens....we actually saw the thing while in one of the blinds and then our game cameras also got a few pictures..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio