Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,882 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm having a lot of difficulty looking for an apartment near Notheast Lakeview. I'd be willing to drive 15-20 minutes to commute there and so far I've found these following apartments that I'm interested in but the online reviews are terrible so I was wondering if anyone knows someone who lives in any of them and if they like it or not? Also if anyone knows of any other ones that are recommended? We're mainly concerned about safety and loud neighbors. Our buget is 750-800 and we need a two bedroom. PLEASE HELP!

-Artisan at Salado Creek
-The Amberton
-White Rock
-Sunset Canyon
-Meadows at Bentley Drive
-Costa Biscaya
-Costa Cadiz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 12:37 PM

702 posts, read 727,308 times
While I can't speak to any of those, I suggest calling a free apartment locator. Tell them your requirements and they will assist. Once you're there though, look for current residents, introduce yourself and ask how they like living there and if they have any problems.

That what I did last time we moved.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:50 PM

9,853 posts, read 13,711,985 times
Artisan at Salado Creek, Costa Biscaya and Costa Cadiz are all tax credit properties, e.g. lots of lowered rent for lower income families. If that's something that turns you off you may want to avoid those. To be near Northeast Lakeview you might want to search for the zipcodes surrounding. I can't think of those off the top of my head. I found my apartment on forrent.com. I felt that that was as good as a locator. And I didn't have to drive around.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:51 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,590,171 times
How far is Perrin Central Road? Nice ones there.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:53 PM

67 posts, read 177,226 times
I don't know anything about those particular places but this will help make sure you know all your options. Its a map of apartments in SA. You can filter out places out of your price range/not enough bedrooms and see how close they are to Northeast Lakeview.

Every Last Apartment in San Antonio - a map of San Antonio Apartments

Hope it helps.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:05 PM

176 posts, read 357,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colivares08 View Post
Hi, I'm having a lot of difficulty looking for an apartment near Notheast Lakeview. I'd be willing to drive 15-20 minutes to commute there and so far I've found these following apartments that I'm interested in but the online reviews are terrible so I was wondering if anyone knows someone who lives in any of them and if they like it or not? Also if anyone knows of any other ones that are recommended? We're mainly concerned about safety and loud neighbors. Our buget is 750-800 and we need a two bedroom. PLEASE HELP!

-Artisan at Salado Creek
-The Amberton
-White Rock
-Sunset Canyon
-Meadows at Bentley Drive
-Costa Biscaya
-Costa Cadiz
Did you try the Oak Ridge on Perrin Beitel and El Sendero?
Over there by Perrin Beitel and Thousand Oaks. My dad lived there in 1985 as a third residence.
Walking distance to HEB, Exxon, Walgreens, Church's, Wendy's, and the new WalMart.
You would be walking distance to the bus if your car breaks down or is in the shop (shop is walking distance) Routes 10, 641, 642, 502, and Frequent Route 14.

Artisan at Salado Creek? You will have to worry about flooding. I remember the 1998, and 2002 floods. It would be wise to purchase Flood Insurance because Salado Creek can and does flood.
SA's bound to have another, sadly speaking but with all that drought, what runs dry will run wet.
It's on Binz Engleman and not on a bus line. School district is East Central ISD (NEISD outperforms East Central)

Costa Cadiz? It's on W.W. White near Rigsby. I wouldn't live there unless I was in Dallas SWAT. A suspect shot up a restaurant (I think it was Popeyes or Denny's) because the waiter served him cold food and barracked himself at the Motel 6 on W.W. White there. That's just one example. VIA 550/551 services that area.

The Amberton it's near a trailer park, but a lot safer than W.W. White will be.

White Rock? Haven't seen them, but it's a car dependent area as the 502 runs hourly. But you can walk to HEB, and Pizza Italia.

Sunset Canyon? Safer side of Thousand Oaks, but you got to have a car, 502 runs hourly.

Meadows at Bentley Drive? Car Dependent, near the Camelot area probably one of the cleanest in that area. If you have a children that need to go to a good high school, I would pick that one. Roosevelt is a good school, but the area is rough and not like it was in the 80's or 90's that's for sure. No bus line.

Costa Biscaya- Eishenhower near Raybon, probably a better choice than Bentley, Camelot area.
Biking distance to schools. Close to Camelot E.S., and Roosevelt H.S. NEISD schools. Ed White M.S. (first middle school in the North East district to don Uniforms in [1998?]).
Via Route 8 services that area.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:21 PM

6 posts, read 15,058 times
Hello, Costa Biscaya resident checking in.

If you like tons of trash strung across your parking lot 24-7, wild dogs roaming free all hours of the night (LARGE ONES) that tear through the trash at the dumpsters, and your neighbors feeding dirty stray cats (a pack of 7-8 are ALWAYS around) then this is your place. People here just throw fast food bags on the ground next to their cars here constantly instead of taking care of it. Just last week there was a 32" or so television sitting outside the dumpster partially in the road with a mattress table and some other junk, That just sat there for at least 5 or 6 days, Every time you drove past you would have to drive around the crap. Really, its that bad with the trash and littering here.

oh and you also have people here who decide its OK to drive through the parking lot at about 50 miles per hour at all hours of the night. People here are very loud, You always have people playing loud car stereos just sitting in the parking lot all hours of the night, If you are concerned about noise and loud neighbors, Again this is NOT your place. Very loud here. First floor apartments hear creaking and almost every little sound of people above you.

The pros :
The apartments are pretty nice, The staff is also very nice and the maintenance crew is usually very quick.

We were originally going to move into white rock apartments, But chose Costa Biscaya because it was cheaper for a 2 bedroom. We will be moving in may when our lease is up and heading over to white rock.

I have lived in apartments for the past 12 years so i know the "apartment life" but its pretty bad here compared to most places. I would mark this place off your list, Or at least spend a few days around the units watching the crap that goes on here.

Last edited by Grummi; 12-05-2013 at 11:30 PM..

Old 12-08-2013, 10:31 PM

5 posts, read 28,398 times
Hi I currently Live in the Costa Biscaya Apt this was the cheapest place with 3bdrms that was pretty decent and safe. Yes some of the people out here are a little shady, but many of my neighbors are families with children who go to work and come home like I do A lot of them say hi and seem friendly. Yes the dumpsters and trash are bad but I do see the grounds men trying to keep everything clean. I always see people speeding through and playing loud music but I usually just stay in my apt. which is nice and clean and pretty up to date. I stay in the front and its pretty quiet and safe, but Im always cautious no matter where I'm at. The neighborhood around the apts is not the best and not the worst I always see cops driving around keeping an eye on things. I love the location its easy access to 35, 410 and I-10. My other choice before I moved here was the Amberton which to me is better location and a better property, but their 3bdrms were more expensive
out of a score of 1-10 I would give it a 6 1/2 I plan to stay here for the next 2 yrs to save money for a house...
I wish you the best Of luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio