Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 04:06 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,065,941 times

Advertisements

Is there plans to make another north south street from 410 to Hwy 1863 anytime soon. It just a matter of time b/f Bulverde Rd becomes a parking lot. Can Judson Rd be expanded past 1604 since there will be majopr developments built along 1604 between Bulverde and Judson Rd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 03:45 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,183,223 times
There are plans to extend both Judson and O'Connor Road north to Dusty Canyon and TPC Pkwy. However, keep in mind that there's an active quarry there, so there won't be anything done until the quarry closes and it's redeveloped.

Other than that, there are no other new north/south roads on the Major Thoroughfare Plan east of 281:
http://www.sanantonio.gov/planning/G...s/1009GG04.pdf

Old 05-14-2013, 07:27 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,967,858 times
What I'd like to know is the reasoning behind using concrete over asphault on the stretch of Bulverde Road north of 1604. Seems like it would have been far quicker (and probably cheaper) to use asphault...but I'm no engineer.

--Dim

Old 05-14-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
What I'd like to know is the reasoning behind using concrete over asphault on the stretch of Bulverde Road north of 1604. Seems like it would have been far quicker (and probably cheaper) to use asphault...but I'm no engineer.

--Dim
Probably because of the soil conditions. Concrete, or "rigid pavement" as it's known in the biz, will hold up much better in the soft clay that predominates much of the area. Asphalt, or "flexible pavement", requires a lot more maintenance because of the shifting soil. You'll see lots of roads across the area that have an uneven surface and, eventually, broken pavement because of this. Yes, concrete takes longer to construct and is a bit more expensive, but it will hold-up better in the long run.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:49 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,967,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
Probably because of the soil conditions. Concrete, or "rigid pavement" as it's known in the biz, will hold up much better in the soft clay that predominates much of the area. Asphalt, or "flexible pavement", requires a lot more maintenance because of the shifting soil. You'll see lots of roads across the area that have an uneven surface and, eventually, broken pavement because of this. Yes, concrete takes longer to construct and is a bit more expensive, but it will hold-up better in the long run.
Thanks, HwyMan. I figured it had to do with the soil composition, but man is it taking FOREVER to complete the construction in that area! From a driving standpoint, I'd rather deal with a little uneven asphault than the constant "bump...bump...bump...bump" as my car travels over each "spacer" line in the concrete.

--Dim

Old 05-15-2013, 07:53 AM

97 posts, read 152,572 times
well thats nice-- way way back in the hey days and thats a bit of way back bulverde road "green bul" road was known for being the "death road" because that is where cemeteries and burying took place out in the boonies--- i think that is how the old story goes something like that.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:44 PM

263 posts, read 481,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolonyokte View Post
well thats nice-- way way back in the hey days and thats a bit of way back bulverde road "green bul" road was known for being the "death road" because that is where cemeteries and burying took place out in the boonies--- i think that is how the old story goes something like that.
Speaking of BULVERDE RD.,How is that FOOD VENDORS BOARDWALK?I plan to check it out soon.
AL

Old 05-17-2013, 11:54 PM

263 posts, read 481,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
T.H.M Question; Would it be safer for 18wheelers to approach the 410 south cutoff at 35s i front of H.E.B.warehouse if the that banked turn would start sooner instead of at the last few hundred yards when the rig is on flat surface then is fighting "G'" foces going around that bend and possibly rolling over even at a safe speed.Iam no racse car driverbut it just seems that way to me.Just curious,seen too many Rigs go over the rail.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert soliz View Post
T.H.M Question; Would it be safer for 18wheelers to approach the 410 south cutoff at 35s i front of H.E.B.warehouse if the that banked turn would start sooner instead of at the last few hundred yards when the rig is on flat surface then is fighting "G'" foces going around that bend and possibly rolling over even at a safe speed.Iam no racse car driverbut it just seems that way to me.Just curious,seen too many Rigs go over the rail.
Work will start later this year to turn that into a right-hand exit with a flyover.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:00 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,065,941 times
What will Bulverde Rd north of 1604 look like 5 years from now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio