Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 11:33 AM

98 posts, read 142,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
I wouln't be suprized if the northeast side has more pockets of high crime than the east side these days.
Oh no! What do you think about Northwest or any south areas?

Old 01-10-2014, 11:55 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,345,657 times
Quote:
I wouln't be suprized if the northeast side has more pockets of high crime than the east side these days.

The NE side around 78 maybe. The NE side around I-35 or anything off of 1604 Nope.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:11 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,403,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
The eastside has slowly been pulling itself up. It's not near the ghetto it once was. While I think this a great thing for the eastside, the reason it was chosen is so that our mayor, Mr Castro, gets the limelight and is being dressed up for future democratic positions. It's all about the politics, not the need.
Yep. Grooming.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:25 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,473,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashea18 View Post
Now I am new here but according to what I am reading it seems the eastside is a poorer area? What about Northeast? I thought that was a great area, am I wrong? Or are the lines that quickly crossed from nice to bad areas? Is Northwest better?
The northeast side does not have more crime than the densely populated areas of the east side. The far east side is rural. There is an area on the far northeast side that has a lot of crime, but much of it is unincorporated. In other words, it's not a part of San Antonio or any other city. The only areas that I can think of on the NE side that have a high or sort of high crime rate are around The Glen, Camelot II, Sunrise, and Perrin Beitel and 410. The Glen, Camelot II, and Sunrise are all in the same area. The Glen and Camelot II aren't even in San Antonio. I have been living on the NE side for over 15 years.

The reason why the east side was chosen over other areas of town is because the violent crime rate there is 50% higher than the rest of the city's. According to what I heard on NPR this morning, only 4 in 10 adults on the east side have a high school diploma or don't have a high school diploma. I can't remember which, but it's bad either way.

Last edited by L210; 01-10-2014 at 12:45 PM..

Old 01-10-2014, 02:03 PM

7 posts, read 12,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashea18 View Post
Oh no! What do you think about Northwest or any south areas?
I wouldn't take that quote at face value. The northeast side is very big compared to the east side.

Here is a map of the different areas of the city:

The northeast side and the far northeast side are very safe areas.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:33 PM

98 posts, read 142,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevbear View Post
I wouldn't take that quote at face value. The northeast side is very big compared to the east side.

Here is a map of the different areas of the city:

The northeast side and the far northeast side are very safe areas.
Thank you!!! That map helps a TON!!! I was looking at places near alamo heights and I was confused because I heard it was such a great area, this explains a lot.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:45 PM

243 posts, read 333,657 times
Huckster you really have a very disturbed view of the political world and right and wrong in general I might add. I really do feel sorry for someone like yourself. Idolizing a crook is just insane. Unbelievable.

Last edited by geargrinder70; 01-10-2014 at 03:54 PM..

Old 01-11-2014, 06:17 AM

520 posts, read 781,760 times
My wife is from the Eastside, most of my in-laws still live there. I can assure you that the Eastside (with the exception of some Near Eastside neighborhoods is not revitalizing. As far as violence, still plenty of that to go around - though it is largely limited to those in the game. Plenty of drugs, plenty of absent fathers and welfare families - it's a poverty neighborhood, plain and simple.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:52 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,389,728 times
Default A Cook? San Antonio thrives,

I am insane? It is not a disturbed world, this is the real world, this what happened and the transformation of this country is what occurred. We live in it. Every bit of what I have entered it true. This opinion of mine which you scoffed so easily is what has transpired, what the man did.
Political wizardry is political wizardry and this south Texas politician accomplished what he did, there is no two ways around this, there is no denying this. Sour grapes and condescension are hardly cogent or tangible replies and quite unremarkable for their content. In fact they are remarkable for non-content.
Perhaps you might add something else in response?

Our city benefitted from these sixties social programs
The study of what happened is what I have entered here. Idolatry? No. Naivete has no part of what I have entered here. In awe of such political genius, yes. Such political maneuvering, yes. LBJ had many repulsive character flaws, so he was unworthy in a study of a perfect person in regarding interpersonal skills. A strange complex man. Driven. As a politician, his political skills remain unmatched. Legendary. What this man did was beyond extraordinary . None, none, have these real world political skills today. None. Not even coming close, all fall short. Remarkable tale also it is for its' extraordinary uniqueness. In a modern world- He played a chess game with the country's political system. De-seated the southern powers that be, in the old entrenched segregationist southern controlled U.S. Senate. There is not any doubt of this.
Particularly..... as a poor boy, a southerner, from the Texas Hill Country. This story has nothing to do with my opinion of Johnson. I was a little kid back then.
This was not my view of the political world of the sixties, it is what transpired, it is what happened. Historically accurate. San Antonio was beneficiary of much of it. There is no denying this, whether you approve of LBJ's tactics or not does not have any impact at all, it is the world we live in today. A product of Johnson's vision of what Society, The Great Society, should be. He did it. A Transformational administration.
Without a valid response from you, your entries are mere fabrications. You remain speechless. I question
how you could formulate such a pitiable and abrupt response and consider it valid. Right or wrong is not the issue.
Short and meaningless. Nothing to add or detract makes them sentences unworthy. Only what is, is.
Blabber. Include some counter opinions for the improvement of our city, I am all ears.

Included were all matters of historical fact . LBJ's personal life is not even involved here either. If these Social Programs that were passed were illegal or immoral, these laws passed in the sixties would be repealed and declared unconstitutional. Easily. You don't like it?
This is hilarious. Geargrinder? The wheels of time continue. The world is moving to the left,
San Antonio moves to the left, move with it or get bowled over by it! Keep grinding them Gears!
I like the grating noise of destruction, self-destruction.

Let a politician try to repeal Medicare. Go ahead. It would be Political suicide. The people will speak loudly on this. The crooks know better than to try to rip off old people, they are very active voters, the elderly.
Let the East side of S.A. get this, "Promise Zone", it needs this, let it thrive, this small minority of East San Antonio needs this. Obama is doing what is needed, what needs to be done, once again for the good of these people.
So let the naysayers continue. Continue to cry the Blues. Grind them gears, music to my ears!
Grinding gears, the sound I look at as amusing, to listen, to make me shrug, a poor driver, and unskilled. Fitting. Entries fitting for you. Geargrinder. A fitting name for you, geargrinder.
"I might add" , your wonderful statement, a fit entry, for it's sagacity.

Go Julian!!!!!!!!!! You can do this!!!! Go Obama!!!!! The City needs this, our youth needs, this opportunity.
It is a great thing! Go San Antonio!!!! We shall improve yet. Continue upward, we are unstoppable. The eastside is in a slump.
Continue the gumflapping I await your response to this new Eastside Improvement plan. Progress
is coming to San Antonio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder70 View Post
Huckster you really have a very disturbed view of the political world and right and wrong in general I might add. I really do feel sorry for someone like yourself. Idolizing a crook is just insane. Unbelievable.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:09 AM

733 posts, read 1,047,107 times
Quote:
i wouldnt be surprised if the criminals on the NE side actually reside in the poorer sections of SA...

ps - this city needs LESS julian castro and (shudder) more obama. castro cares about himself and his legacy. obama at least TRIES to see the bigger picture.

in short, screw castro, go back to whatever hole you crawled out from and take your texas-hating mother with you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio