Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 03:07 PM

3 posts, read 4,825 times

Advertisements

I hope you guys can help me. I am a (young)46 year old female teacher in Memphis, TN. so I am all to familiar with neighborhoods changing when you walk around the corner and high crime. Which I have read on other posts is a characteristic if SA. I have family in SA and also the schools pay quite a bit more while the cost of living isn't much different. I have always liked the feel of the city when visiting, it is for thes reasons I've picked it as a place to relocate. I hope to find a job in Northside or Northeast ISD. I Will be renting and would love to find a place for about $800. My ideal situation would be 2 bedroom but can live with 1 if necessary. I'd like to be within less than 20 no more than 30 minutes of work (this may be impossible to answer if I don't know the HS or MS I will be teaching. I know they are large districts.) I like it reasonable safe and not a haven for young party animals (been there done that!) I do need a washer and dryer, at the very least connections. WANTS are a clean pool and decent fittness center. Please be honest with me, am I living in a dream world? Last, are there any schools in thes 2 districts that are absolutely off limits to teach? I have been in a high needs district with absolutely no budget. I have loved it but am tired. Drug deal, fights in the school, and cussing out teacher are the norm and when I say norm I mean daily. Please help! Thank you in advance. Menna

Old 03-01-2014, 05:53 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,970,576 times
Good luck. There is no shortage of teacher's in SA. District's would rather hire a brand new teacher at a lower pay,then an experienced teacher at a higher pay.

Last time I checked SAISD was the only district that put into social security also.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:00 PM

40 posts, read 90,025 times
Teacher , I think you mean "guidance"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio