Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 10:18 AM

3 posts, read 3,226 times

Advertisements

I recently passed the National and State portion of the Texas Real Estate Licensing Exam. I have met with both Coldwell Banker D'ann Harper and Keller Williams City View location. They both seem to have a lot to offer and both offer a great comission split and training. I am having a hard time chosing between these two firms. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I am wanting to start a career in real estate as soon as possible.

P.S. D'ann Harper would be double in monthly fees, but would provide a cubical in one of their offices. KW would be working from home and I would be just about the same if I decided I wanted a space in the office. However KW also provides a Productivity Coach until you hit a certain amount of sales.

What would you recommend? Working in an office or working at home, during my first few years in the business?

Thank you in advance,

Joseph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 11:13 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,438,175 times
Just as a personal opinion (I'm not in real estate at all) I've heard that it's much easier to be productive in an office than at home for many people.
At home it's quite easy to be distracted by your home life and not be as productive with your work as you may otherwise be.

I'm sure there are many other pluses and minus for both options but I thought I'd mention that one since it seems easy to overlook.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:58 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times
Sending you a DM, as I can offer you a ton of insight

Old 03-19-2014, 02:19 PM

Thank you guys. I think working from home is a great tool, once you are established. I have decided I am making my decision tonight. I will take all the info from here and from what I gained from the meetings and will be done with this part of my journey. Thank you again for taking the time to share your opinions with me.

Joseph

Old 03-19-2014, 04:04 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
If you were smart, you would take Kevins recommendation...and be MOST grateful for the free advice. This guy RULES!!!!!!!!!
(from a client of his that got her rental property sold in ONE day after listing with him at the BOTTOM of the San Antonio market!!!!!)

Old 03-19-2014, 04:41 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Pfft. What do YOU know about real estate??

Old 03-19-2014, 07:00 PM

501 posts, read 1,050,617 times
Definitely listen to the advice that Mr. Crawford has for you, he is a big time agent, and has some stunning listings. I would input but I am just a newbie agent who has been in the industry for a year. KW does have some great resources like the "resource room", where you can use one of many computers, and print for free. That eliminates the need for your cubicle, and it will allow you to interact with more experienced agents.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:45 AM

Thank you all for your input. I have decided to join KW. I will be working on my paperwork and have a meeting tomorrow morning. I will also be attending a training session on Sat. I think this is the right move and hope for a great career in real estate.

KevCrawford, thank you for reaching out. You reassured me of the great feeling I got from my meeting with KW.

JamesHardin, any input that would help me out in general would be great. It's a big step, but I am very excited about starting in real estate.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Pfft. What do YOU know about real estate??
Right? Fake it til you make it, huh?

Old 03-20-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
If you were smart, you would take Kevins recommendation...and be MOST grateful for the free advice. This guy RULES!!!!!!!!!
(from a client of his that got her rental property sold in ONE day after listing with him at the BOTTOM of the San Antonio market!!!!!)
You rock! Still really appreciate you guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio