Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2007, 10:19 PM

323 posts, read 829,538 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any insight on the Windfield subdivison off of Foster Rd? We are currently renting across from Wal Mart on FM 78, and want to purchase. We like the homes in the area, but know little about it. We want to buy within the next 12 months if we find the right place. I want to stay within 10 miles of Ft Sam Houston, and at the same time, live in a decent enough area for my two children. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 04:07 PM

32 posts, read 146,895 times
Default new developments

Well, there are several new communities in this area. If you go out Binz-Engleman from foster road there are several new sub's just past the middle school. There is also the new DR Horton development just south of the new High School on Foster road, I personally don't care for how they are doing this development and the quality of DR Horton is not as good as some of the other builders in this area. I actually live in the Glenloch farms subdivision, it is small but I like it, however it does not have the amenities that some of the other sub's do. Sorry, I don't have specific info on the subdivision you mentioned, but I have heard that it is pretty nice and that it is about 80% military, probably because it is so close to Ft. Sam.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:45 PM

180 posts, read 794,096 times
I have a friend who lives there and they like it fine except the house and lot size is small. It is a good starter home for them.

I have another friend who lives (close to Ft. Sam) in The Gardens of Woodlake subdivision and has pretty much the same complaints. I think the Winfield homes are newer than her neighborhood but there are a lot of homes for sale in the Gardens so maybe there is a deal to be had there?

What's going on with the current neighborhood you are renting from? It is close to Ft. Sam too. Can you buy your house you are renting or do you not want to?

Old 12-10-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Iris_3 View Post
Well, there are several new communities in this area. If you go out Binz-Engleman from foster road there are several new sub's just past the middle school. There is also the new DR Horton development just south of the new High School on Foster road, I personally don't care for how they are doing this development and the quality of DR Horton is not as good as some of the other builders in this area. I actually live in the Glenloch farms subdivision, it is small but I like it, however it does not have the amenities that some of the other sub's do. Sorry, I don't have specific info on the subdivision you mentioned, but I have heard that it is pretty nice and that it is about 80% military, probably because it is so close to Ft. Sam.
Yeah, my wife and I have driven down Binz-Engelman. There is a whole bunch of new housing developments in that area. That high school is huge! The first time I saw it, it reminded me of a large corporation.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by did0c View Post
I have a friend who lives there and they like it fine except the house and lot size is small. It is a good starter home for them.

I have another friend who lives (close to Ft. Sam) in The Gardens of Woodlake subdivision and has pretty much the same complaints. I think the Winfield homes are newer than her neighborhood but there are a lot of homes for sale in the Gardens so maybe there is a deal to be had there?

What's going on with the current neighborhood you are renting from? It is close to Ft. Sam too. Can you buy your house you are renting or do you not want to?
Our current neighborhood isn't too bad, but not quite to our liking. We weren't quite sure if we would be staying in San Antonio for a while, as I am in the military, so we decided to rent at first. Now it looks as if we will be here for a while, at least 5 years or more, so we are looking to buy.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:13 AM

I don't know about your current neighborhood but in talking to my friend from The Gardens last night she said they would be moving out as soon as they could... the newness of the neighborhood is going down. If you will be here 5+yrs and then want to sell, that doesn't sound good.

I couldn't get in touch with my Windfield friend, but I will ask her about if she likes it and sees the neighborhood doing well.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I don't know about your current neighborhood...the newness of the neighborhood is going down.

I couldn't get in touch with my Windfield friend, but I will ask her about if she likes it and sees the neighborhood doing well.
I could say the same here. Theft and vandelism seems to be common place here, at least from my perspective.

Thanks, I'd be very inderested to hear what she has to say.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:37 PM

Franklin- she said some very positive things! -

I love our neighborhood…they do block parties at different times of the year (Halloween, national block party day, etc.)…and we have a Homeowner’s Association so people can’t do certain things like park a car in their yard, etc. I really do enjoy it.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Franklin- she said some very positive things! -

I love our neighborhood…they do block parties at different times of the year (Halloween, national block party day, etc.)…and we have a Homeowner’s Association so people can’t do certain things like park a car in their yard, etc. I really do enjoy it.
Thanks, I will have to check the area out.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,576 times
Please contact me laurazunigac21@hotmail.com. I have a one story home for sale in this area for 139,900.00. Its a 3/2/2. It has a bonus room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio