Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 12:51 PM

4,330 posts, read 7,237,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
?????????????

IIRC, that interchange (AKA Fratt Interchange) was rebuilt several years ago. Now it's being rebuilt again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
I may be thinking of a different interchange. I'm thinking of the one on the NE side, in the Randolph Blvd./Perrin Beitel area. You might be talking about the one further south of Rittiman Rd. It sounds like that interchange is where the bulk of the improvements will be taking place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 01:04 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,441,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
I may be thinking of a different interchange. I'm thinking of the one on the NE side, in the Randolph Blvd./Perrin Beitel area. You might be talking about the one further south of Rittiman Rd. It sounds like that interchange is where the bulk of the improvements will be taking place.
Nope it's both interchanges. The fratt interchange is reconfiguring so there won't be a starlight/ Thousand Oaks exit after 410 comes in north bound, just one of the changes.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:46 PM

4,330 posts, read 7,237,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Nope it's both interchanges. The fratt interchange is reconfiguring so there won't be a starlight/ Thousand Oaks exit after 410 comes in north bound, just one of the changes.
I guess what I'm getting at, is whether we are talking about the elevated connector ramps that were built several years ago being demolished, and new ramps constructed, or is it more of a re-configuration by adding lanes & relocating surface ramps?

Kind of like what was done more recently at 410/I-10 on the NW side. That fits my definition of "rebuilt". Demolishing elevated ramps involves main lane closures during the demolition phase, and again when the new beams are placed, and during overhead concrete pouring.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:42 PM

14 posts, read 48,206 times
That's a great point, Ashbeeigh. Thank you! I didn't realize that 281 was an option going to DFW. I'd only ever taken to Austin. Definitely something to think about!

Old 04-25-2014, 06:51 PM

9,852 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel.mcguire View Post
That's a great point, Ashbeeigh. Thank you! I didn't realize that 281 was an option going to DFW. I'd only ever taken to Austin. Definitely something to think about!

Absolutely! It's a quieter drive and more scenic. It takes about the same amount of time, though. Just less stressful than dealing with Austin/Waco/Hillsboro etc. Only downfall for me when driving on 281 is that I don't get to stop in West for kolaches.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:12 PM

Location: inside, where it is warm or cool depending on the season
117 posts, read 140,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel.mcguire View Post
Thanks, everyone, for your insight. Very helpful!

We'd also like to get your opinions of some of the communities out NE (Universal City, Schertz, Selma, Cibolo). They've popped onto our radar for a few reasons:

-by checking Google maps traffic patterns during rush hour times we are just realizing that the traffic and commute times are nothing like what we are used to from DFW & Hou. (A very good thing!). We're willing to go out farther on mileage because of this.

-majority of our family is in Dallas so being NE would be better in that regard

-good Catholic school in Selma

-seems like there are some nice houses & neighborhoods out that way (comparable to what you've suggested in the more central areas?)

Anyway, we'd appreciate your thoughts on that area. We are still planning on visiting and driving thru the other areas suggested as well. Just interested in your insight. Thanks for the help!!

Universal City, Schertz, Selma, Cibolo...I just don't like that area. Flat land and there seems to be something lacking, not sure what it is but to me it doesn't feel community orientated. I supposed it feels 'industrial' to me with neighborhoods tucked in behind the industrial parks/buildings off the highway.

We are in Leon Springs (down highway 10 outside 1604 - past six flags) and my neighbor commutes to the airport region - about 45 minutes - but he takes northwest military to the airport bypassing highway 10 and 410...

Old 04-28-2014, 05:38 PM

271 posts, read 988,418 times
As for Catholic Schools, I highly recommend Holy Spirit. Eventhough this is our first year there, my husband and I are extremely pleased with it! We transfered from another local Catholic School which was ridiculously subpar in academics and Catholic Identity. Holy Spirit has definitely met our expectations of what a quality Catholic School can be! Many of the kids there live in the Stone Oak, Inwood, Rogers Ranch, Deerfield areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio