Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 09:17 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times

Advertisements

Obama: Voter ID Law Does Not Suppress Minority Vote, Apathy Does [VIDEO]

I understand this is a conservative source, but there's actual audio of Obama saying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 09:57 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,438,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Of course, he's still fighting the laws because "they're racist" or something but he never makes much sense to me anyway.
Against my better judgement I watched the video, and I still missed the part where he said it was racist...

Old 11-12-2014, 11:18 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,478,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post
I understand the frustration at having to deal with DPS for any reason. That being said, here is the link to the Election ID Certificate:

TxDPS - Election Identification Certificates (EIC) – Documentation Requirements

I wonder how the other states with voter ID laws have been getting by. Makes me think that either our law is too restrictive (i.e. not allowing student ID) or it's just something to write about. Granted, it is frustrating to have to produce all those documents, but everyone should have a copy of their birth, marriage, divorce or name change documents. Even if they stay filed away in a shoe box or safety deposit box, in my mind, they are documents you just need to have.
Texas has the most restrictive voter ID law in the country. Two states have seen a 2-3% reduction in voter turnout over the past 10 years after passing voter ID laws. Most of the reduction in voter turnout was among African Americans. I wonder how many of those African Americans were illegal immigrants.

Quote:
Even Obama thinks that voter ID laws don't stop minorities from voting....apathy does. Of course, he's still fighting the laws because "they're racist" or something but he never makes much sense to me anyway.
Some politicians see the voter ID laws as a political strategy rather than something that actually combats voter fraud.

Turzai: Voter ID Will Allow Romney to Win Pa. - YouTube

Quote:
News flash: The thread went off topic starting at comment #3. But of course, you hate me, so it's my fault.
At least the thread was about Texas voter ID laws. The voter ID laws in other states don't affect the vote totals in Bexar County. Obama's acceptance that a few people might be impeded by voter ID laws is unacceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio