Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 12:47 PM

36 posts, read 64,797 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to narrow down a cable company for cable and internet. Not sure about landline phone yet. Please share your experiences, good and bad, with TWC.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 12:55 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Be prepared for ongoing annual increases........I'm looking for a better alternative!

Old 01-08-2015, 12:57 PM

36 posts, read 64,797 times
every company as annual increases, that goes without saying.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:57 PM

448 posts, read 813,289 times
My parents have had TWC for the past 12-15 years. No real major issues. Like every other telecom company the customer service can be really spotty, but their cable broadband works like it is supposed to and while I was living at home it was never an issue. They always had TV through Dish Network though, so I can't comment on their cable television service.

When I moved out I also had TWC internet for 5 years until I moved to Boerne (where TWC doesn't provide service) - in that time period I never had an issue with installation or functioning of the internet service itself. My only complaint related to customer service and billing, one time. I had moved residencies and informed them of the move and instead of transferring service from the old address to the new one, they started a new account for the new address and kept billing the old one. I called once and they said they would fix it. I called a second time (the second month I was double-billed) and the woman on the phone literally told me to ignore the other bill and that it would go away. Ridiculous. The third month I used the online chat service, told the rep my story, she escalated me to someone who could do something about it. That guy adjusted the bill, gave me a few months free for the trouble, and gave me $10 of a month for a year. I was definitely surprised.

So that's my experience with them - positive all around. I know many other people have negative encounters with telecom companies - I guess I've been lucky so far. =)

Old 01-08-2015, 01:03 PM

132 posts, read 209,285 times
I'm also looking for information about TWC. I've about had it with ATT charging me $60+ dollars for 6Mbps when I could be paying twenty bucks less and be going three times faster. Just wasn't sure how good of a service it was and had heard CS was kinda bad.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:07 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
I recently swtiched after using TWC for years to ATT. Now I hate ATT even more than TWC because it is so slow in my area.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:51 PM

894 posts, read 1,547,261 times
I had TWC but finally switched after getting tired of my service going out and them taking days to even get to the problem. I switched to ATT and, while Internet is slower, I am very pleased with the service. The few times I have had a problem, their service has been prompt...a matter of hours vs days waiting on a technician. And be forewarned...TWC is going to be bought by Comcast. That will not be a plus for customer service.

Last edited by Rustybolt; 01-08-2015 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 01-09-2015, 07:00 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
ATT does have better customer service than TWC. The reason I switched was the same as RustyBolt, my service was going out and they kept blaming it on the lines because I live in an old neighborhood where the lines are above ground, not under. Switched to ATT using the same lines and have not had one single outtage yet...however it is much slower.

It is frustrating because neither companies are that great and I don't have anything else to choose from for my area.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:39 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
I have TWC and it's been okay. Every year they raise the bill by $10/month. Every year, we call and ask if they have any deals or promotions or way to lower it. Every year, they lower it back to what we were paying. So as long as you don't mind calling them once a year to negotiate, then it's all right.

The other problem I had was that the TWC pedestal was in the neighbor's yard and he wasn't giving them access to fix it when his dog ate the cord. Finally we got the neighbor to let them in the back yard and they buried the cord in a piece of pvc pipe so that the neighbor's dog can't eat it. Then I bought a bunch of paving stones to cover the line in my yard, because my dogs were digging it up too. Now the neighbor has TWC also, so he's more likely to let them in the yard for repairs. And I give his dog chew toys and treats to gnaw on, so he has something better to chew than the cable lines.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:43 AM

733 posts, read 1,047,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Be prepared for ongoing annual increases........I'm looking for a better alternative!
my bill has fluctuated also. =/- a few dollars. its between 51$ and 53$ a month for 50/5 package. internet only.

what annual increases are you referencing?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: