Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 717 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a good ISP in San Antonio TX? I currently have Time Warner and I hate it. The service fails at least once a month and when I call they seem like they don't care. Like many businesses I need a reliable internet connection. I did have AT&T about three years ago and got rid of them because of the price and speed. Please someone help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 02:57 PM

2,600 posts, read 8,794,210 times
High Speed Internet Providers San Antonio, TX | HighSpeedinternet.com

Old 04-22-2015, 04:42 PM

4,329 posts, read 7,237,536 times
Good luck.

Time Warner and AT&T are the dominant providers in San Antonio, and you've already tried them. Most of the alternate providers listed in the links above have a very limited service area in San Antonio, or they appear to only offer DSL-type speeds. Some "alternate" providers may be nothing more than resellers of one of the dominant providers services, so from a technical standpoint, I don't see what would be gained.

If you do happen to be in Grande's or GVTC's limited service area, they would probably be your best bet. Grande is mostly inside Loop 410 on the north side. I'm not sure if GVTC services Bexar County, maybe the far north side of the County at best.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:23 AM

733 posts, read 1,047,567 times
its not in 09 which is inside the loop... which sucks. time warner has been getting spotty again lately..

Old 04-24-2015, 11:21 AM

4,329 posts, read 7,237,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
its not in 09 which is inside the loop... which sucks. time warner has been getting spotty again lately..
If you're talking about Grande, it is in much of '09, including City OF Alamo Heights, and San Antonio portions, like Terrell Heights, Northridge Park, Oak Park/Northwood, to name a few. Grande's expansion in San Antonio appears to have stalled several years ago, although they have been offering faster internet speeds in areas they were already servicing, which is up to 1 Gig download, in some of their San Antonio service area.

From my point of view, there appears to be a pretty big disparity in availability and speed of internet service in the San Antonio area, depending on the neighborhood. For example, my neighborhood was one of the launch areas for U-verse service in 2006, but they only offer up to 18mpbs download internet at my address. Some of my neighbors are out of U-verse reach, and they can only get up to 3mbps download DSL service from AT&T. I haven't seen any evidence that AT&T has been expanding their U-verse service footprint in existing San Antonio neighborhoods, either.

Last edited by ged_782; 04-24-2015 at 12:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio