Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 12:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,469 times

Advertisements

Looking to get my license (age 26). Wondering if I can walk-in and take the written and road test, or are appointments required? Trying to get this in a relatively short time frame and cannot wait weeks or months to schedule a road test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 05:04 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,064,286 times
Have you studied/practiced and know how to drive? Pardon me, but I wouldn't want you on the road if you are just trying to rush and get a license. I'm sure others feel the same. Hopefully, you've studied/practiced and are ready to go...good luck. Not trying to be a jerk.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:21 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,045,611 times
We didn't want to wait for my son, either. ....several reasons why but that's irrelevant because he took driver's education and had lots of behind the wheel experience. We paid $75 to a driving school that was officially licensed (? Not sure what the state's terminology is for granting authority ) to give him a road test. They did it with a couple hours' notice, placed the completed paperwork in a sealed envelope, and we took it immediately over to the DPS office and he was a licensed driver that same day. This was in the DFW area but I would imagine there are driving schools in SA that offer this. The appointment times available online at DPS were in some locations, months out. It just wasn't convenient at all.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:33 PM

22 posts, read 31,443 times
Is there really such a long wait to get a driving test? My wife needs her licence in a month.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:18 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,045,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjmedina24 View Post
Is there really such a long wait to get a driving test? My wife needs her licence in a month.
The only experience I have with the scheduling has been in the DFW area. If I were you, I would get online now and schedule a time and then make it work. It may not be as busy in SA but others could probably tell you for sure , I just know we were looking at going to a DPS that was 30 miles from home because the local office was booked solid for 2 months. That's why we just paid the money and got it done quickly and easily.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,274 times
What was the name of the driving school sapphire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: