Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:26 AM

422 posts, read 1,450,823 times

Advertisements

I have purchased season tickets for my family since 2001. And up until recently I've found that the water park is just too crowded to really enjoy. I know that's a good thing for the park and tourism, but it's got me contimplating if I should purchase in 08. What are some of your thoughts, and how do you beat the crowds? Enlighten meh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 08:43 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
Default Us too!!

We've been thinking thru the same thing! A couple of years ago, the water park didn't seem as crowded and we used to go a bunch. Last summer, we only visited the park probably a total of 5 times, mainly because of all the rain. And I think we only went to the water park twice. You're right, it was packed to the gills.

And I seriously think that if Sea World was smart, they'd offer last year's season ticket holders a nice discount if they buy for this year! I know that the weather wasn't Sea World's fault, but we're for sure wondering if it'll be worth it for this year.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:46 AM

Tell me about it, I bought 5 season passes for my family, and went 1 time last year. I didn't even want to deal with the 4th of July crowd.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:59 AM

117 posts, read 419,421 times
We've had season tickets for a couple of years. And the only time to go so that you can take in all the shows and really enjoy all the park has to offer (?) is during spring break. We went one day in the summer and literally simply were able to only walk around the park once and leave. It was just too crowded. We're trying SIx Flaggs this year for season passes and we'll compare.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 AM

OMGosh! You guys only went once?!!!! Yeesh!! And I thought we got ripped. We bought 9 passes, three where only used once each, and the others were probably used 5 times. We didn't dare go for the 4th either (stood in our front yard and watched the fireworks) and didn't even attempt Howl O' Scream. We wanted to go at Christmas time, but never made it. That may have been fun, we were bummed that it didn't work out. Maybe there would have been less crowds then????

Old 02-05-2008, 09:08 AM

Default Six Flags vs. Sea World

Good idea, Jimbo. My 13yod got a Six Flags season pass last year and she went quite abit. I like the fact that they give "bring a friend free" coupons in their books. Much better than the chintzy "get 5 bucks off" ones that Sea World gives. My daughter was able to bring a friend with her about 3 or 4 times, and it even worked for when they had concerts. I'm wondering about their water park for younger kids?????? CreekKnoll, has your family considered Six Flags? I know it's not as close, but it's still not too far away.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:37 AM

117 posts, read 419,421 times
Now anybody have any experience with Disney season passes - NAH!!! I don't want to start that topic again

Old 02-05-2008, 09:52 AM

Haven't done the Six Flag season passes, been there a few times though. My youngest is five and she really enjoys the Sea World shows and water park.

Yeah, last year I guess we were kinda turned off to Sea World the one time we went. I guess while floating down the man made river in our tubes and the kid in front of you vomits orange stuff into the water kinda killed my thrills.

We'll probably end up buying season tickets, only because it's across the street. Guess we just need to go when they open on a weekday.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:05 AM

Ugh!!! (your River "adventure"!) I know whatcha mean about the close proximity, tho!! (there's a "gate" in our subdivision that Sea World uses for construction sometimes. It's right by the "pet station" area. If they'd open that gate for us, we could walk there!!)

I'm seriously thinkin about doing Six Flags this year, tho. Passes are only $3 more than Sea World, and although our youngest is 5 also (well, 6 next week ), it just looks like maybe it'll be more fun???? Plus, they have 5 "bring a friend for FREE" coupons!!! Dunno, tho.

Oh, btw, we always went during the week, and the water park at SW was still packed. I'm sure SF would be the same, tho.

If anyone from the marketing departments at either park is reading this, here's a marketing ploy for ya; "Bring in your season pass from last year and you qualify for an additional $5 off this year's pass!" (Would work for me! When I'm buying 9 passes, that 5 bucks adds up!!)

Old 02-05-2008, 10:11 AM

86 posts, read 314,654 times
We had both set of passes last year - Six flags and Sea world and with a 3 and 4 year old, I personally enjoyed SW better. We would go early, during the week and it wasn't too bad. But the key word here is EARLY. By mid afternoon the water park was too crowded for my taste. We usually picked Weds or Thurs. We also went during Halloscream and it was awesome! We went on Friday though, when school was still in, so we didn't have school age kids to fight with! We ended up going 2 Fridays in a row b/c it was so nice.

We are just doing Sea World this year - I just like it better - it seems cleaner - there is always a funky smell at FTX to me - but of course after the orange vomit story my clean image of SW is a bit tainted LOL But I know those things happen. My kids hated the lazy river anyway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio