Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:48 PM

127 posts, read 494,891 times

Advertisements

East Side Neighborhood Drowning in Crime | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News
People living in a East Side neighborhood are afraid their streets are becoming too dangerous.

Moderator cut: copyright violation

Last edited by Marka; 02-19-2008 at 08:27 AM..

Old 02-12-2008, 07:02 PM

218 posts, read 336,641 times
So a area along Hackberry Ave. and the entire east side is dangerous? Or is your title a representation of the news piece and the over sensationalism of TV news?

Old 02-12-2008, 07:08 PM

127 posts, read 494,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelangelosa View Post
So a area along Hackberry Ave. and the entire east side is dangerous? Or is your title a representation of the news piece and the over sensationalism of TV news?
Yea, people are moving to the east side by the hundreds, right?

I mean, why wouldnt they since its 'safe'.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledWife View Post

Well, hundreds of people are moving to the east side.

MySA.com: Metro | State (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA020608.09B.planupdate.2c2e982.html - broken link)

Don't let a small area on the near east side ruin the entire east side of San Antonio.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:21 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,338 times
I guess what needs to happen is a better definition of "east" side. The "east side" was represented very loosely. For someone who doesnt live in San Antonio this could be information that is very misinforming.. But those of us that live in SA know where the 400 block of Hackberry is.

Oh and it does state on there.. that it is about an East side "neighborhood" and not the "East side".

Old 02-12-2008, 07:24 PM

83 posts, read 299,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledWife View Post

some areas are better than others. hackberry is one of the worse areas. i would have to say the eastside is mostly hood tho. just from personal experience. i live on the north east. but im on the east from time to time seeing friends n things like that. even in lakeside which isnt a bad looking neighborhood is still kind of "hood". its really not the houses or the way a place looks. but the actual people and what they are like that determines what the place is like. at least thats how i look at it

Old 02-12-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
some areas are better than others. hackberry is one of the worse areas. i would have to say the eastside is mostly hood tho. just from personal experience. i live on the north east. but im on the east from time to time seeing friends n things like that. even in lakeside which isnt a bad looking neighborhood is still kind of "hood". its really not the houses or the way a place looks. but the actual people and what they are like that determines what the place is like. at least thats how i look at it
I have an aunt that lives in Lakeside, sorry, Lakeside is anything but "hood." It's a pretty nice older subdivision except for those crappy new homes they built in the last year or so on the far south side of Lakeside. Luckily they're not many and hard to get to and aren't visible from any freeway.

Also, the new upper middle class housing going up all along Foster Meadows is looking really good.

I must ask though, are you saying these areas are "hood" because they're majority black?

Old 02-12-2008, 07:45 PM

What I meant by crappy in my above post was they're cheap looking.

Also, there's a large subdivision being built across from Lakeside on Sinclair Road. One of the reasons they built that new bridge over the Creek.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:22 PM

91 posts, read 475,875 times
Yes the East Side can be dangerous. I grew up on the East Side, one block from N Hackberry. I saw things that a kid should not see, very bad things. I live on the North Side now ... in a "gated" community and it's no different. DANGER is everywhere, not just the East Side. There's always going to be bad people living amongst the good. Who knows ??? There could be coke heads, thieves, serial killers and/or even pedofilers living right around your corner. But I guess as long as you don't see or hear about it in the media then that's ok right?

Old 02-12-2008, 08:58 PM

47 posts, read 228,344 times
Default Subdivisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelangelosa View Post
What I meant by crappy in my above post was they're cheap looking.

Also, there's a large subdivision being built across from Lakeside on Sinclair Road. One of the reasons they built that new bridge over the Creek.
Do you know the name of the new subdivision being build on Sinclair Rd? I heard about Foster Meadows and another being built in that area can't remember the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio