Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2006, 07:09 AM

197 posts, read 777,235 times

Advertisements

I have small children so would be looking for a good elementary school.... Any suggestions on where the best schools are? Also, is San Antonio a private school kind of town (like Atlanta, where I live) or are the public schools pretty decent? (No knock on public schools; but we live in a state that ranks 46 out of 50 in educations to the private schools are a big deal here).

Thanks in advance,

Caroline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,654,724 times
I think that SA is much more a public school town. Not really sure why that is besides salaries being lower cause Texas is right around the lower middle in most rankings I have seen. That said there are some good public schools in SA course I seen my kids to private. There are loads of private schools around that are great. If you have more questions about them PM me and I can help some.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:08 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,672,947 times
Default School Districts in San Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolamom View Post
I have small children so would be looking for a good elementary school.... Any suggestions on where the best schools are? Also, is San Antonio a private school kind of town (like Atlanta, where I live) or are the public schools pretty decent? (No knock on public schools; but we live in a state that ranks 46 out of 50 in educations to the private schools are a big deal here).

Thanks in advance,
Caroline
Both Northside and Northeast School Districts are good. Here are their web sites:

http://www.nisd.net/

http://www.neisd.net/

Old 12-31-2006, 10:49 PM

6 posts, read 21,794 times
Northside has very good schools. But I suggest around the i-10 or 1604 area nearby. I'm currently a Northside student
There are a lot of exemplary and recognized schools in our district and very high test scores.

Old 01-01-2007, 12:19 PM

119 posts, read 544,312 times
This is a quote taken from the Boerne Star by BISD's superintendent Dr. Kelly.

"There are also large school districts in the San Antonio area with very good student achievement results. These include Northside and Northeast. Boerne's results are demonstrably superior (for all students and for every sub-population), but it can be an unfair comparison in that much larger districts have challenging complexities and demographics on a grand scale. In fact, we occasionally borrow tried-and-true practices or programs from our larger neighbors.

With regard to districts smaller than Boerne, Randolph or Lackland can occasionally but not usually out-perform Boerne on one indicator or another. Outside of these mentioned, we have no real competition among the 50 districts in the San Antonio Region."

The BISD comes as far south as Fair Oaks Parkway on I-10 which is only about 30 minutes from dowtown SA.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:02 AM

196 posts, read 777,363 times
Hi, I'm new here..
My hubby may be posted to SA and we may be moving to San Antonio.
My hubby willl be working near the Airport.
I'm also looking around for a elementary school for my son (Grade 1). So how do I go about it? Do I call up a school to fix up a visit? Then get a place to stay near the school?
What about Kindy? My younger son is currently in a Montessori Kindy. Any Montessori Kindies in SA?
BTW, are there any Parenting/moms online forums in SA?
Thks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: