Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:49 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,896 times

Advertisements

Anyone tried Timbo's by the old Pearl brewery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 09:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,765 times
Default Don't eat at Bigz Burgers

I went to Bigz Burgers for the first time on Sunday afternoon. The place was very crowded but I thought it would be worth the wait. I was very wrong. After waiting for 25 minutes, we still did not have our order. My husband went to the counter and was told they lost our order. They were very rude and did not even offer an apology. We were patient to wait so long and were treated very poorly. After we finally received our order, the burgers were very greasy and didn't have much flavor. The onion rings were greasy and soggy. I will never eat there again. I can't understand why Bigz was so crowed. We were not impressed at all. Apparently, Bigz is making enough money that they no longer care if they loose a few customers.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:02 AM

152 posts, read 412,510 times
Went to Bigz as well for the first time this weekend. My wife and I were not impressed. Customer service was ok, but all in all we won't be going back. There are MUCH better places in town to go for similar menu items.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:28 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times
I've eaten at Bigz many times and have never experienced what the two posters above had. Great service and great food. To each their own.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:07 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I've eaten at Bigz many times and have never experienced what the two posters above had. Great service and great food. To each their own.
Same here...I'm not discounting their experiences but we have not had them ourselves. Big'z has been pretty good for us the several times we've eaten there. I'm sorry that others haven't had the same experience...

Cheers! M2

Old 11-10-2008, 11:53 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I agree...we've always had great service and food at Bigz! I especially like the "gourmet" ketchups/mayos! Maybe it was just an off day for them on Sunday. That's too bad!

Old 11-14-2008, 06:57 PM

358 posts, read 821,824 times
You can please some of the people all of the time, etc...LOL!!

Old 12-21-2008, 04:01 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,977 times
I have been to Bigz on 3 occasions now, and have to say the food has come a long way. Same lacking menu as when they first opened, but the burgers are better in my opinion. I also will say that if it weren't for the great avacado cheeseburger that I love this would be the worst place in town to go. The first time we went it took 35 min to get our food after we ordered. Im not in a huge hurry, but if you have an hour for lunch, and have to wait that long it's just not gonna work. The second time the guy cashier was very hurry up, and smirk look to us and the 3 groups in front of us. If you don't like your job, carry your tail on. The last time we went there the burger was amazing, but my wife ordered cheese on her's, and when we got it it did not have cheese. I can tell you if you are expecting a cheeseburger, and get a burger there is a major difference. Not an uncommon mistake, but when I took it back to tell them that the cashier mistook the order the manager lady there looked at me like I was a burden on her existence. She did not take the burger pleasantly and put cheese on it, which any old fast food joint would do, much less a profitable resturant. Rather she looked at me and said "Well, we didn't charge you for cheese, it's going to be .50 someodd cents." This ticked me off because it was a mistake on part of the employee, and not my wife as I was there and heard her clearly. I voiced my opinion to the manager, and told her that she should absorb the cost of the piece of cheese, and she with a disgrunteled tone said "ok, but only this time." I told her nevermind, and handed her my credit card of which I paid for the meals with because I don't carry cash at all times, and she said "It's less than a dollar, is that all you have?". I eventually accepted the free slice of cheese, and horrible customer service. I will probably go back because I love the burgers, but wish the owner would do something about these issues.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:24 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,723 times
I still say that Armadillos and Timbos serve a better, more down-and-dirty burger with a MUCH better wait staff. I'm sick of the sullen, surly service at Bigz and won't be going back thanks to it.

If I wanted my order taken by a teenager who looks like an angry extra from a Drug-Free America ad, I'd go eat at McDonalds.

BN

Old 12-21-2008, 04:53 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
I still say that Armadillos and Timbos serve a better, more down-and-dirty burger with a MUCH better wait staff. I'm sick of the sullen, surly service at Bigz and won't be going back thanks to it.

If I wanted my order taken by a teenager who looks like an angry extra from a Drug-Free America ad, I'd go eat at McDonalds.

BN
I've never been to either of the 2 you stated. Where are they, and which one is better in your opinion? I generally try to stay on the outskirts of the metro. Maybe why I haven't been to these 2, but occasionally head in if it's worth the trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio