Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2008, 12:00 AM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexkwandosatx View Post
man i totally remember BEST PRODUCTS and going there with my parents to "shop". i remember they had a cool assortment of toys and distinctly remember getting a good amount of my STAR WARS and M.A.S.K. toys there for some reason... but at least the land went to good use as it is now the site of North Park Mazda. (where i take my Mazda for it's annual check up. ) i even remember going the the BEST off of 410 and Ingram with a buddy to pick up some rain checked speakers back in my senior year...that was in '96, so it was in decline at that point. they had the best catalogs.
Was there a best at Mccreless mall? It was a big store a few doors down from lubys.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:04 AM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific_trader View Post
Orange Julius ruled. Anyone remember that hot dog place at Windsor Park Mall, I think it was called Orange Bowl? They had a few video games, ice cream, etc. Someone mentioned Pizza Inn and it got me thinking about the old Pizza Inn commercial with the Von Erich brothers from wrestling.

"For pizza out it's Pizza Inn!" then they'd say "yeah yeah yeah!" It's sad what happened to all of them, I grew up watching them on TV, I think it was called World Class Wrestling. Had local guys like Tito Santana, etc.
ORANGE BOWL rocked, they also had one at Ingram. The ice cream was very good.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:40 AM

57 posts, read 219,455 times
Default Ice Cream shop down town

Iremember this place downtown where this old man used to sell an ice cream that had shaved ice ,vanilla ice cream and a red syrup. This was back inthe late 70's early 80's . I was real young and do not recall where it was located. Anyonw know what I am talking about? I miss that place.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:46 AM

57 posts, read 219,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific_trader View Post
Orange Julius ruled. Anyone remember that hot dog place at Windsor Park Mall, I think it was called Orange Bowl? They had a few video games, ice cream, etc. Someone mentioned Pizza Inn and it got me thinking about the old Pizza Inn commercial with the Von Erich brothers from wrestling.

"For pizza out it's Pizza Inn!" then they'd say "yeah yeah yeah!" It's sad what happened to all of them, I grew up watching them on TV, I think it was called World Class Wrestling. Had local guys like Tito Santana, etc.
I remember Orange Julius ,we had one at Ingram Park Mall,I remember Pizza Inn there was one on Bandera Rd close to a Dunkin Donuts. And Idefinately remember watching TheVon Erichs and World Class Championship Wrestling. Use to watch theirmatches atthe Hemisfair Arena and Freeman Coliseum(you know, that forgotten building next to the ATT center.)

Old 07-20-2008, 12:47 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly25:17 View Post
I remember Orange Julius ,we had one at Ingram Park Mall,I remember Pizza Inn there was one on Bandera Rd close to a Dunkin Donuts. And Idefinately remember watching TheVon Erichs and World Class Championship Wrestling. Use to watch theirmatches atthe Hemisfair Arena and Freeman Coliseum(you know, that forgotten building next to the ATT center.)

Wasn't there a wrestling place at San Pedro and Evergreen or Cypress at one time?

Old 07-20-2008, 01:46 PM

141 posts, read 564,707 times
anyone remember Central Park Mall. Fantasia(that was the best arcade ever ), the carousel ride. I think the mall had a petshop(Petland).

Old 07-20-2008, 02:14 PM

24 posts, read 59,964 times
God this is going to date me. Do yall remember when coming off Military Dr on Goliad there was Handy Dan on one side, HEB and Spartans Atlantic with a coffee shop in the parking lot on the right. Jims on the left, dow the road some more Car Vel skate rink across from Kate Shcenck elementary, Piggly Wiggley and Western Auto and across from them the Goliad Rivera Swim club and bowling alley, back across the street was Model Market, WInns 5 & dime, Ruth Ellis dance studio, Sommers, and First Mate, then on down the street, Whopper Burger and down the street and across was Floyds Dairy Bar. In the triangle that used to be the Parkaire Drive in, became Shakeys, then Shoppers World, and finally Globe, and of course Bill Millers BBQ.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythempress View Post
God this is going to date me. Do yall remember when coming off Military Dr on Goliad there was Handy Dan on one side, HEB and Spartans Atlantic with a coffee shop in the parking lot on the right. Jims on the left, dow the road some more Car Vel skate rink across from Kate Shcenck elementary, Piggly Wiggley and Western Auto and across from them the Goliad Rivera Swim club and bowling alley, back across the street was Model Market, WInns 5 & dime, Ruth Ellis dance studio, Sommers, and First Mate, then on down the street, Whopper Burger and down the street and across was Floyds Dairy Bar. In the triangle that used to be the Parkaire Drive in, became Shakeys, then Shoppers World, and finally Globe, and of course Bill Millers BBQ.
Yes, I remember most if not all of that!

Old 07-20-2008, 02:27 PM

Was Spartan Atlantic the first to build where the Parkaire Drive in was? Or Globe. Must have been Globe. When Shakey's was there I sure the theater was still there although probably closed. Can't picture exactly how that mess of an intersection is laided out. But, Shakey's was right out the tip in front of the screen.

Last edited by SATX56; 07-20-2008 at 02:38 PM..

Old 07-20-2008, 03:38 PM

25 posts, read 62,407 times
Now Central Park Mall still remains a mystery for me. My parents hardly went there. And as I grew up I only went to the night club that was there. I think it was called Park Place. My Parents said they took me to CPM several times, but I have no memory of how it looked inside. And for some strange reason, when I asked around, anyone for pictures of the mall, even on the internet, no one seems to have any pics of it. I also went to the downtown library, went to there texas archive section(if your into the history of historic SA...they have old paperclips and pictures of SA landmarks, its a must visit) the libraian told me they had no pics of it and it was called the bastard child of North Star Mall. What ever that means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio