Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:21 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophix View Post
Oh please. When someone makes a generalization, they're not talking about every individual in a city or geographic area. What they are saying is that one can make observations about the general pulse, vibe, culture of a city.

The fact is, much of what hello expresses is very true. Granted, there are always exceptions to the rule but "laidback" and "non-striving" are words that accurately describe a large number of San Antonians.
Infinity...is that you buddy??????? LOL We MISSED ya!!!

Now hold my beer and watch this.....

Old 03-12-2008, 06:23 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Am the only one that thinks Hello has more than one screen name. Every time i said something on the contrary to her beliefs, i got negative rep (then again i did usually throw a jab in or two). Plus she is always on the side of 2 people. Hmm its like a troll that will never leave. Time we burn down the bridge sheltering it. I have the matches anyone have the gasoline???
Kinda reminds you of Chuckie, doesn't it???

Old 03-12-2008, 06:27 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Well, if the zapper is on the fritz, I won't hesitate to swat a mosquito or two. In our house, it's only imported beer, however, an occasional "Sammy" Adams will slip in. *lol*

Since Hello is so set on generalizing, since I'm in San Diego and you drank beer here, also, do you think that the entire state of California would qualify as beer-drinking, mosquito-swatting, log-sitting people of the ordinary ilk, as her logic would imply? Hmmmm...

East San Diego might...Lakeside etc... hehe

Old 03-12-2008, 06:45 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,635,464 times
OK folks, this one has really run off the rails and has turned into a insult-fest rather than addressing the OP's questions.

Allow me to address a few issues.

We have very effective ways of determining if someone is using more than one screen name on this site so leave that up to us

Everyone has the right to offer their thoughts and opinions as long as those remain within the guidelines provided in the TOS.

If you disagree with a member's post(s) state your reasons why and do not go after them personally.

Negative reputation points have been disabled for a while now so we do not need to deal with those any more.

Be sure to report posts that are in conflict with the TOS rather than engage the member in the forums and we'll take it from there.

In deference to members that take the time to post up queries and such let's stay on topic and not stray off into the personal sniping, it serves no one and no purpose and just results in edited/deleted posts, infractions and closed threads.

Thanks folks

Last edited by da jammer; 03-12-2008 at 07:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio