Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 09:14 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,007,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
What I am concerned about is price gouging. I saw a difference of at least $.20 on name brand gas stations very close to each other and supposedly, this is just the start of it.

Please remember:

Report Price Gouging - Texas Attorney General
1-800-621-0508

Cause a business taking advantage of people is no different then looters looting the vulnerable after a crises.
stupid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 09:32 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,195,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
stupid

And, if you're over 65 and get gouged the state fine is $250k ! Report it and take their profit.....

Old 08-31-2017, 10:15 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,477,106 times
It's not just San Antonio. Multiple parts of Texas have been hit by a wave of idiocy.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:52 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,663,838 times
Yup. Even the townie yokels out here in craptastic Hell Rio were blocking traffic, making lines longer than the town itself lol. There must have been a lunch time social media driven panic, because I filled up normally around 1030 and the place was the usual ghost town it always is, but when I came out a mere 5 hours later is was a mad house.

The fact that it's Labor day weekend probably added to the scramble and doesn't help things.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:08 PM

4,329 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
If you truly need fuel today, wait and get it after nightfall. Lines will be shorter then. This is just people doing it at the end of their workday or after dinner.
There might be fewer people out filling up, but it also looks like more and more stations are running out of fuel.

Checking Gas Buddy at midnight for my Zip Code and the one adjacent, shows one station out of 37 reporting confirmed to have fuel. 23 are out, and 13 unknown.

Old 09-01-2017, 03:48 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Create any kind of panic and people will buy up all of whatever is projected to be a shortage of. Bread, Water, Gas...etc.

Shortages wouldn't really be a problem if everyone would be rational and not greedy.
The bread one is an interesting thing for there are alternatives to the bread aisle, such as baking one's own.

Water and gas, on the other hand, well, one is pretty well stuck there if they don't have it.

The thing I am not really too thrilled about are people putting gasoline in things other than their cars. The tanks they are using may (or may not) be approved to be gasoline containers, but keeping that stuff around like that just because you can seems to be something like having a bomb around. Saw a picture earlier in the day of a gentleman filling up a square tank in his pickup bed, about as high as the cab. Having that much gasoline around like that is not so thrilling to me.

As far as I go,well, moving to the country has changed my refueling habits. I don't let the vehicles get less than an 8th full and every time I return from a trip, refueling is part of it before heading for the ranch. There is no "I'll do it in the morning".

This weekend, I may have to do that when I head for home but then again, I have the allowance to be able to do so.

Quote:
It is because many people are being excessive, greedy and unreasonable. Fill up ones tank if they are that concerned. Dont fill up ones tank and also fill up 5, 1 - 5 gallon buckets as some are reporting........
As I noted, a rather unwise thing to do with gasoline.

Old 09-01-2017, 04:42 AM

232 posts, read 379,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
It's not just San Antonio. Multiple parts of Texas have been hit by a wave of idiocy.
Yep, they've gone crazy even up in Kerrville. They were lined up on Junction Hwy Waiting for hours at the gas stations. Nothing but senseless panic.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:35 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
There might be fewer people out filling up, but it also looks like more and more stations are running out of fuel.

Checking Gas Buddy at midnight for my Zip Code and the one adjacent, shows one station out of 37 reporting confirmed to have fuel. 23 are out, and 13 unknown.
Someone on Nextdoor reported getting it at 3 AM from a station that was out yesterday.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:36 AM

71 posts, read 139,286 times
Quote:
Is social media really causing this much fuss over this?
Unfortunately yes. San Antonians official news source is social media. Unbelievable. I really would hate to see the town if we actually had a crisis of some sort.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:56 AM

4,329 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Someone on Nextdoor reported getting it at 3 AM from a station that was out yesterday.
Someone on my Nextdoor reported a station getting a fuel delivery at midnight, but others were reporting that station had sold out again of all grades by 4:30 AM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio