Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 06:29 PM

200 posts, read 456,978 times

Advertisements

Passed by numerous gas stations tonight on Deer Park Ave....all with no lines. I suppose the long lines are over!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 06:40 PM

377 posts, read 644,662 times
I saw gas stations without lines today too.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:40 PM

6,985 posts, read 7,051,813 times
Most of the gas stations where I live still have no gas or a limited amount of gas. The ones that are open did not have long lines today. I wonder how long this will last for.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:51 PM

516 posts, read 1,076,640 times
I think so to, I was in copiague today and both stations at Strong and Hoffman had gas. The self service Valaro station had about 6 cars waiting, the full service station across the street had no line at all. Both were charging $4.17 for regular.

I do have to commend Hess for keeping there low prices but I think they have a distrubtion system that the other stations do not have and that may be the reason for the lower prices.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:03 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,765,108 times
No lines in my neck of the woods in Suffolk, saw a longish line in Hempstead at the Sunoco down the street from Hofstra.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:50 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,854 times
Queens still has long lines..and I just drove by a gas station on Woodhaven Blvd with cars camped out at the pumps waiting for a fuel delivery. I'm not sure why the gas lines are shorter on the Island but in Queens, the lines were still as long today.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:39 PM

69 posts, read 241,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Queens still has long lines..and I just drove by a gas station on Woodhaven Blvd with cars camped out at the pumps waiting for a fuel delivery. I'm not sure why the gas lines are shorter on the Island but in Queens, the lines were still as long today.
Today was "night and day" from the last week. Even yesterday I got gas at 2PM on 110/conklin in Farmingdale (hugely busy intersection) with zero line (I drove past it initially and just assumed it was out, as I've gotten used to doing). Drove around a lot today and saw a BUNCH of open stations with no lines. The was all in Suffolk--the one station I saw in Nassau did have a line, but it looked like maybe 1/2 hour as opposed to five years. It's just weird because 48 hours earlier a functioning gas station with no line = a myth.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:12 AM

200 posts, read 380,023 times
Default Same in Baldwin, Rockville Centre area

Much smaller lines and by 2pm yesterday, there was no line at one Citgo on Sunrise. Today is my day so I am going to wait until the afternoon as it seems everyone rushes in the morning to go fill up.

Seeing less of the gas can lines too so I guess more people have their power back on. Doesn't excuse the miserable job LIPA did though. They knew this storm was coming, they should have had those out of state crews on site and ready to go the next day.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:16 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,889,107 times
probably a combination of stations getting their power back and the rationing system. I waited 25 minutes on Friday and last night there was only a 3 car wait. As we drove down old country road westbury none of the stations had a wait and cars were at the pump.

I'm guessing there's just a lot more people in the city with fewer stations (or working stations)? Strange since most should be using public transportation most of the time anyway.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:54 AM

106,707 posts, read 108,880,922 times
queens and brooklyn have their main distributor destroyed , motiva.

without them the jersey , CT and long island distributors are trying to fill the gap but cant . it takes 3 hours a tanker truck to get them out so they are limited.

shorter lines in places has nothing to do with rationing as its not rationing at all.

all it is doing is taking the daily que of mixed plates that are on line at a limited number of gas stations and changing the mix of plates but there are still the same number of people to fill and not enough gas.

in westchester as of yesterday they have no lines and no odd/even. they just have more stations now sharing the load.

if every day the line is a 50/50 mix of plates and its 2,000 cars long all we are doing with odd or even is taking the 1,000 even that would have been on line anyway in the mixed plates and added tomorrows bunch of 1000 even plates to todays line instead of tomorrows.

nothing changed but we are supposed to feel better so we dont go back on the line again this week to top off eventually shortning the line.

in our feeble minds they expect us to go ,oh the line should be 1/2 as long now but they never figure those who now cant go on tomorrows line like they planned will be added to our line today.

idiots!...

well no one feels better here in the city and every opportunity someone sees a short line they will jump on it creating longer l9ines to top off while they can.

i couldnt believe the station in bayside near us was open at 2:30am. had a ten minute wait and within 4 minutes of hitting gas buddy the line was 90 minutes long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island