Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 03:07 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,767,462 times

Advertisements

Most people need to get away from their kids on occasion and why the Hell not? I had 4 of the little buggers and getting out and away from them did them no harm and did me good. Truth be told most kids probably wish their parents would get out of their hair more often.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:13 PM

898 posts, read 2,564,035 times
I honestly didn’t realize there were people that didn’t leave their kids from time to time for a date night. The comments in here really confuse me.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:47 PM

85 posts, read 201,213 times
I'm confused too. How is it possible to be a parent and not have someone else watch your child occasionally? Certainly there are a couple of times a year that you go somewhere that kids aren't welcome? Company Christmas party? Doctor's office? To say nothing of the quality of one's marriage if there is never any alone time.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:48 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,274,441 times
Ugh, I just realized my phone added apostrophes on words that did not need them darn it.

On topic, I didn’t leave my children often but did maybe once or twice a year. If possible it was with a family member or friend but, since I’m extremely short on family, they did go to Parent’s Night Out a few times. I did find I worried most of the time but as a SAHM sometimes I just needed a few hours out with my husband. Stone Oak tends to be very transplant heavy so a PNO may have seemed like the best option especially if the child took swim lessons there.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:27 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,051,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
To me the most ridiculous piece of this .....debacle, is that it was "Date Night" for the parents at the swim club for kids. Leave the kids so as to have a good time without them?
Right. Great idea. I would myself, never do this sort of thing. My children were my life when I was a younger man. This is like the very wealthy who send their children away to expensive schools.
I cannot fathom such an idea. The kids were the fun part of youth. Not- for Heaven's Sake going out and fulfilling some self indulgent whim as in Valentine's Day. The heck with Valentine's Day.
They simply failed their child. May God forgive them and they themselves. I am deeply,deeply sorry for them.
That's all I have to say about that.
All I can say is “wow”...smh. I guess you are the “perfect” parent right Huckster?

Old 02-12-2018, 04:38 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,045,611 times
These parents don't deserve bashing. They didn't "forget" their flesh and blood in the back seat and leave them to die. They made a responsible decision to leave their child where they felt he would be safe. Really, all that needs to be said is "I'm so sorry for your loss. " That's it. Or just move on and say nothing, climb back up on your high horse and talk to the other perfect people up there

Old 02-12-2018, 07:55 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,318,112 times
Blaming someone. Without facts. Especially in this tragedy. Displays a total lack of character. In all regards. Deeply disappointing.

My family suffered a personal tragedy of a child drowning. Except this was in a river. And the search took 3 months to find the body. Blaming the parents in this situation. I would say is about as low as you can go in regards to your character.

My deepest sympathy to these parents. I most certainly will donate to a gofundme if there is one made available to help with funeral costs. Their lives will forever be changed and full of grief. Prayers forever. Peace.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:55 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,875,129 times
The parents might have chosen more wisely, but the business is ultimately responsible. Maybe they should have had a higher age limit, not allowing children below a certain age, for example. The whole idea of leaving a small child in such a risky environment is what worries me.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:30 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,438,489 times
This whole notion of because it is a tragedy, we're not allowed to run through the decision and decide for ourselves if we would have, or someone should have done something differently is absurd.

How else would you learn from mistakes? Better yet, learn from someone else's mistake without making it yourself.

Saying that people can't explore if the parents should have left the child there because it is such a huge loss is like saying the business shouldn't explore what happened and improve their procedures.

We're allowed to question the parents, we're allowed to explore our feelings and decide for ourselves if we would have done things differently. People could stand to be less harsh about it, but we're still allowed our opinions and to express them.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:08 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,784,667 times
Expressing your feelings in private conversation is quite different than expressing them on social media (facebook, etc) or public forums where the family may see your comments. Can you imagine how they would feel if they read Huckster's post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio