Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 06:48 AM

351 posts, read 1,585,298 times

Advertisements

Thanks Paka.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 07:14 AM

Here's another one:

Ready, set, go.

Iv'e never been a people person. Not unattractive, but different.... Many relationships that fizzled (usually very quickly because I do not chase and do not really seek out people.

Back in 1999, down on the Riverwalk on New Years Eve I hooked up with an old flame. She and I had just sorta stopped seeing each other, no reason, just drifted apart. After a fantastic New Year's, we were inseparable and started dating each other exclusively. We fell in love. I asked her to marry me when I graduated school (ITT Tech.)

Fast forward to March 21rst, 2001. I picked her up from her house to head over to my place for the weekend (we always spent the weekends together).

Needed new contact lenses so after picking her up we headed to Crossroads Mall. Parked my car and told her I would be right back.

Walked inside and made my purchase. Came back out of the Mall, I was parked on the Steinmart side.

Sat in the driver's seat and looked to the passenger's seat where my beloved looked to be asleep....wait a second....why is her mouth hanging open.....OH *****!!! KIM!! KIM!!!!KIM!!!!

OH MY GOD!! WHAT DO I DO!! SLAP HER!! WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP PLEASE WAKE UP.

Now what, I am in a deserted parking lot, NOONE is around, I am not sure of doing CPR or even if she has had a heart attack, NO PULSE, WHAT DO I DO???????!!!! NO CELLPHONE. Wait a minute, level one trauma right down the road. CLOSE DOOR HAULLLLLASSSSS. Cannot believe I am doing this I just jumped a curb and went around traffic with the wheels screaming running the red light have to get Kim to the hospital drive faster up to 80 with all of this traffic on Fredericksburg oh **** that guy almost hit me get there faster faster faster another curb oh noooooooo don't die I finally found you my soul mate dont gooooo drive drive drive there it is UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL you just made it here in 5 minutes from Crossroads they can still save her please oh please save her run inside "CODE BLUE CODE BLUE SHE'S NOT BREATHING CODEBLUEDAMMIT MOVEITNOW!!!!!" She's walking to slow run out the door grab Kim she does her finger in the air and a whole team makes it out in 30 seconds....can they save her....oh sh&t...asthma attack...feel like I am going to pass out.....oh god dont take her....

I gotta call the family.

I left.

I knew she was gone.

They brought her back to life...but she was gone...no brain activity....

Everytime I visit, the nurse who ignored me and thought I was hysterical...was there...she felt guilty for the extra minute she took because she did not believe me...KIm died the second and final time on Monday.....she's gone....

It led me into a depression of drinking and drug use for years.....till I came to a little country on the other side of the world....Iraq actually saved me....from myself.

Interesting enough???

crazed
just got through crying

Old 03-30-2008, 07:19 AM

Sorry,

I believe it was an aneurysm.

Her family blamed me and really shut me out.

Never got to see the autopsy report or talked to the Doctor.

Went in to buy contact lenses came out and she was gone.

I can still point to the parking space I was in.

crazed

Old 03-30-2008, 07:20 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
crazed
just got through crying[/quote]

Me too...I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:40 AM

3,109 posts, read 9,840,568 times
Sorry for your loss crazedchef, I lost my wife two years ago. It was the best and worst year of my life. Loved the first half and hated the second. That was in Illinois. I moved back to Texas and my mother has never walked since. Been diagnosed with Alzheimers, but I am able to be here 24-7 for her. My sisters and I will never put her in a nursing home. I'm here to the end. But I also have needed this time for healing. Been good in last year. I'm happy again and it was a real treat to hear from an old flame.

The old flame lost her husband to an auto accident about 10-15 years ago.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:55 AM

413 posts, read 1,404,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedchef View Post
Here's another one:
crazed
just got through crying
I'm just finishing wiping my tears. My 19-year-old brother passed away about a year and half ago. He was hiking with some friends in Arizona, and he was climbing down this small (no more than 10ft) cliff and this rock broke. It caused him to fall and before he could get up a 200-lb rock come rolling down and fell right on his chest. He was actually still alive, but by the time Airlife was able to get to him it was pretty much too late. His friends had to watch him die and I know it's nothing easy. I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad that despite your "social awkwardness" that it has not changed your heart not to feel. As the life that I've grown up, I know that sometimes the bad things make you not be able to feel. I find it kind of crazy sometimes that I can now tell the story of my brother and not break out in a blubbering mess.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:49 PM

111 posts, read 392,441 times
Oh my gosh, you guys both had me reading holding my breath. I am so sorry for both of your losses. Just wanted to say that this time cause now I can't write anything crazy. Too sad.... I'll be back later on the upswing.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:36 PM

413 posts, read 1,404,913 times
Aww..I didn't mean to make the thread so depressing. I'll try to make it more exciting. Let's see for the youngins like myself. I met Trick Daddy at an Atlanta hotel along with whole Baltimore Orioles team.

I have overcome many obstacles and achieved great personal goals, when everyone was rooting against me and saying I would never make it. I thrived on the words of my teachers and my mother.

Hmm...that's all that's pretty exciting that I can think of.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:47 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,840,568 times
I'll try to levitate my last post. This story was originally posted in the Houston Forum. I lived in the Montrose neighborhood back in the 70's, with the last hippies, druggies, etc. I worked at a U-Tote-M,

//www.city-data.com/forum/2619053-post3.html

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-30-2008 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: avoid forum cross-posting - include link instead

Old 03-30-2008, 03:22 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,647 times
the post about The Tracks made me remember a couple of interesting spooky stories ...

my husband is a San Antonio Park Police Officer --- there is a building in Hemisfair Park that is 3 stories high --- the officers use the building for training --- it is always locked other than the nights it is used for training --- my husband says that there are several times that the windows on the 3rd floor are opened for no reason --- my husband will go into the office and come back out and as he is walking by the building the windows will be closed again --- he'll check the front doors and they are always locked --- yikes!

my husband has also worked security for The Witte Museum many many times --- there is always a Witte security guard that stays overnite in the building but if for some reason a guard could not stay they will call in an Officer to work it --- my husband had many overnites there and part of the duties is to walk the museum to make sure all is okay --- he says that on the 3rd floor there is an office and he would hear laughter or glass breaking thru the door --- he would check the door and it was locked and the lights were turned out...also when he would sit at the front desk where the entrance is the elevator door would open and close for no reason throughout the night...he says the hair on the back of neck would stand up and once the door closed he would be okay...

spoooookyyyy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio