Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 12:54 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times

Advertisements

All I can say is that I'm glad I was there on time....lol!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 03:13 PM

570 posts, read 1,286,828 times
I have done several transactions with Lowes, just this past 4 months, (December, January, Februry and March)
I found out it depends which Lowes location you deal with. Each store has their own little departement they call "Installed Sales" and that department is the one that sets the installation up with the company they have a contract with.

I had a very negative experience from a sales person in the Flooring Department at the Lowes located at Bandera & 1604.
The Lowes located in Alamo Ranch on W Loop 1604 has some very nice sales people but I have not had experience dealing with their installed sales.

However,....I have had excellent customer service from the "Installed Sales" department at Lowes at the Rim location. They installed a dishwasher and also above the range microwave as well as some carpet. I had a few gripes becaue I am very picky but the manager of the Installed Sales made it right for me without any delay and even followed up with calls to make sure I was happy.
I've also used Lowes at Callaghan Rd, because the ADA Toilet I needed was only available at that location. Excellent customer service there as well.

As far as waiting around for deliveries..... not many places are very reliable about that.
Folks who can drive a Truck have the advantage over that situation because they can just rent a U-haul and bring the item home when it is convenient for them and then find a handyman to do the install.

The main reason I shop at Lowes is because they stand behind their installation vs getting a handyman to do the work and then if there is a complaint, trying to get hold of the handyman to come back (been there, done that)

Old 07-28-2018, 05:58 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
All I can say is that I'm glad I was there on time....lol!!

And as we did business did you find me unreasonable at all???? If you were delayed in delivery of product, would you kept me informed??? That is all I am asking, COMMON COURTESY IF I AM PAYING YOU $$$$ TO PROVIDE A PRODUCT......but these days, that seems to be asking a LOT....

Old 07-28-2018, 06:50 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
And as we did business did you find me unreasonable at all???? If you were delayed in delivery of product, would you kept me informed??? That is all I am asking, COMMON COURTESY IF I AM PAYING YOU $$$$ TO PROVIDE A PRODUCT......but these days, that seems to be asking a LOT....
Not at all - and as you saw from OUR end, we showed up when promised and did as we said we would. It's amazing how little it takes to keep a reasonable customer happy if you even halfway try.

Old 07-28-2018, 07:55 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,163,979 times
Paka, which Lowe's location did you buy from? We ordered plantation shutters from the Lowe's at Alamo Ranch and couldn't have been happier with the product and the installation.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:15 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
Lowe’s at Blanco and 1604 is good. Lowe’s on Harry Wurzbach has been very hit or miss.

Old 07-29-2018, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Paka, which Lowe's location did you buy from? We ordered plantation shutters from the Lowe's at Alamo Ranch and couldn't have been happier with the product and the installation.
The Alamo Ranch location as well, and funny you should mention that, the plantation shutters were ordered last week and will be installed in Sept. I have to say, that they guy that came out from the Company they use was right on time to measure, very efficient and since they do all the measuring, the install, I hope and pray this will go as well as what you experienced. Yeppers, we are doing EVERYTHING in the way of upgrades we want to now, so once hubby is retired, we have no worries about anything except our travel plans and the good life....not digging into savings to take care of things that are at the end of their life cycle. We have the levalor blinds now that open from the top down and bottom up which we like, but the shutters are VERY nice, and we are thrilled getting those in finally. NOT CHEAP at all, but so darn nice!!!!

Old 07-29-2018, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Not at all - and as you saw from OUR end, we showed up when promised and did as we said we would. It's amazing how little it takes to keep a reasonable customer happy if you even halfway try.

True that Texas Redneck!!! I was very happy with our business transaction and the product as well...OMG, the difference it has made is already noticeable....LOVE your product, service and attention to details! I guess I was trying to prove that we are reasonable people, not demanding or over the top expecting in our experiences with Lowes.....I realize there ARE people out there that will NEVER be satisfied no matter what you do/don't do for them.....I do not think we are those people, but if you sell me a product and you give me the info on delivery/setup/hook up, I expect you to follow thru when I change MY schedule to accommodate the info YOU gave ME in order to complete the transaction....that's all. Actually, you are a PERFECT example, as an independent business owner, lets say YOU took off to get a new fridge and stove delivered/installed and they wasted 2 1/2 full days of your ability to tend to your work because the could not give you the am/pm schedule when they called at 7pm to let you know they were delivering your products "tomorrow".....and then when you tried to find out from them the next day, you could not even speak to someone without getting hung up on.....NO BUENO! And to totally STAND UP a customer who waited an entire day for install????? As a business owner, I am certain you would be LIVID for the waste of your time/day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio