Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 12:00 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,009,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
With most of the growth and development in San Antonio extending farther and farther north over the decades, I've more recently heard some refer to the north side boundary as being Loop 410 across the north side, with the area to the south of the northern arc of 410 being the south side.
that's ridiculous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 01:51 AM

61,742 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Here are districts and neighborhoods of San Antonio listed and explained:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neig...of_San_Antonio

Last edited by elnina; 12-27-2018 at 07:18 AM..

Old 01-05-2019, 04:14 AM

72 posts, read 214,428 times
OP it sounds like you live near the ghetto parts of San Antonio. I lived in SA for almost 6 yrs and let me tell you San Antonio is one of the safest cities I lived in. Only time I seen it wasn't safe was when that black high school student serial rapist raping women in apartments in the medical center in 2017. That was an isolated incident. I lived in the medical center was totally safe.

I never went to the south side, westside, or north east so I never felt or was affected by the crime or sketchiness of San Antonio. Move to the north or central part of San Antonio and it will be totally safe. Or even far west like in Alamo Ranch.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:39 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,411,115 times
Just watched a NETFLIX movie that showed areas in France that were taken over by Muslims and were “No Go” zones for police.

Do such areas exist in San Antonio?

Old 01-05-2019, 03:29 PM

814 posts, read 676,968 times
I went on an outing today, Saturday, and two places I visited were 'dark'. Probably for good.

Discount Tire o'Connor @ Nac
Wise Guys Thousand Oaks @ J.Malts

Old 01-05-2019, 07:12 PM

502 posts, read 392,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane505 View Post
OP it sounds like you live near the ghetto parts of San Antonio. I lived in SA for almost 6 yrs and let me tell you San Antonio is one of the safest cities I lived in. Only time I seen it wasn't safe was when that black high school student serial rapist raping women in apartments in the medical center in 2017. That was an isolated incident. I lived in the medical center was totally safe.

I never went to the south side, westside, or north east so I never felt or was affected by the crime or sketchiness of San Antonio. Move to the north or central part of San Antonio and it will be totally safe. Or even far west like in Alamo Ranch.
SA isn't that bad in general but yes I don't doubt that the Northside is way safer than other areas, just not everyone can afford to live there.

I do believe that particular student was a strange case because he was a kid with a bright future. I do think it's strange how you made it a point to say he was black.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:11 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,438,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Just watched a NETFLIX movie that showed areas in France that were taken over by Muslims and were “No Go” zones for police.

Such areas don't even exist in France. It is fake news.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post

The only arabs I've seen were around Austin Hwy, they didn't seem like they wanted to take anything over and they seemed to be pretty nice. Although I don't think there are enough of them to be able to take anything over, whether or not they wanted to. Not sure if they were muslim or not but they were from muslim countries

Old 01-07-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
Such areas don't even exist in France. It is fake news.
no it's not

Old 01-08-2019, 12:00 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,840,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane505 View Post
Honestly, there are "hot spots" for crime all over the city - just as there are perfectly safe areas all over the city. I've traveled (and worked in) every side of San Antonio over the years, and just as anywhere else, there are areas that I'd not be comfortable in - but that's going to be true anywhere. I can show you areas all over the city where criminal activity goes on - and in some of what most would assume would be crime-ridden areas, it's safe - because the residents in the area DO get involved. The biggest single factor in having heavy criminal activity is when local residents will no longer cooperate with law enforcement agencies, and either turn a blind eye or simply refuse to report what they know. The police can't do it by themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio