Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2019, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 921 times

Advertisements

Good afternoon everyone, hope you're all doing well.

I applied to USAA for an adjuster position they have open. I have been in insurance for 7 years most of which have been CSR and Sales. Of course I have dabbled in some claims working for some agency's but nothing to the full extent of being a full fledged licensed adjuster. I do have both my P&C and Life and Health licenses.

Anyways, so I applied and I got the link to do the assessment today. I did so and submitted it.

I was just wondering how it is working there and the culture? I have looked up some reviews on Indeed and Glassdoor but I always take those with a grain of salt.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 03:50 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,118,900 times
In terms of applying to USAA, the magic number is 15. You need to apply 15 times before you get noticed. Another trick I heard is that you need to subscribe to notifications of new positions of a certain type and apply right away. Being first in counts.

They will prefer to hire veterans over anyone else. They ask the same type of EEO type questions that you see in positions in the government. Heaven forbid you be a white male and never served in the military.

It appears to be an EEO hall of fame. Contractors automatically get terminated after 3 years so they don't have to offer full time. Lots of folks from India working there.

I've never worked there though I know a few who have. The pace of work is slow, and I heard that it used to be run like a family run business but not anymore.

Old 04-07-2019, 06:01 PM

584 posts, read 1,192,741 times
I have worked at USAA going on 15 years. I moved here 15 years ago with my husband who was military. He retired and we decided to make San Antonio our home. I have worked various positions at USAA but none have been member contact.

I enjoy working there. I do work hard but enjoy what I do, the people I work with the the perks of the fitness centers, great benefits and the flexibility to WFH during the week as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio