Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 12:41 PM

9,852 posts, read 13,701,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
I just plan to drive around where I live, in Schertz, Universal city,Cibolo and Live oak. With Windcrest, I think the people are getting older who used to decorate, and the electric bill like all utility bills is really getting up there in price. And there could be other factors as well.
Or the families that participated were elderly only owners of the home and now that they are passing away they are selling to other families that aren't interested in doing lights. (Similar to the Medical Center).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 03:45 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
The new LED lights don't use as much electricity as the old ones did.

The days of Christmas lights with high energy screw-in bulbs are pretty much gone. Does anyone even find these anymore brand new?

Old 12-05-2018, 06:03 PM

78 posts, read 92,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
The new LED lights don't use as much electricity as the old ones did.

The days of Christmas lights with high energy screw-in bulbs are pretty much gone. Does anyone even find these anymore brand new?
I believe Home Depot still sells the screw-in bulb lights if you search for “c9.”

As far as light displays, there are a few houses in Monte Vista that do a beautiful job putting lights in th older, tall trees. Not the whole neighborhood, but there are some gems here and there. There’s one house in Terrell Hills that goes all out with a huge display, I think on Terrell road, that has a huge display. Might not be worth driving out just for that, but if you are near downtown already , it couldn’t hurt.

I love driving around looking at Christmas lights, hope you find some good ones!

Old 12-06-2018, 12:07 PM

103 posts, read 202,740 times
This is just one house in Boerne, but it's a doozy.

https://www.kens5.com/article/life/h.../273-621401963

(TV news report with some highlights and an interview with the homeowner who puts on the show every year.)

I'm sure glad I don't have to live next door to this!

Old 12-11-2018, 05:08 PM

33 posts, read 82,272 times
Our light-show is running, 8500 block of Pendragon, 35k in lights to music plus 60 inflatables... other homes & streets in the neighborhood with lights.. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-11-2018, 09:36 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
windcrest starting this weekend
i haven't tried those drive through ones where you have to pay $28 per car; I'm too cheap for that lol
Few years ago I just parked at the street and proceeded per foot. No fees.
It's not a big area to cover. Just few streets.
Maps are made available to the public at Windcrest City Hall. Get the map a day or two before, so you would know where to go.

I posted few pictures on the picture thread:
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...ad-san-27.html
Might go this year again...

http://www.windcrest-tx.gov/190/Windcrest-Light-Up

Last edited by elnina; 12-11-2018 at 09:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio