Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2008, 08:26 PM

898 posts, read 2,563,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySixString View Post
It isn't after one game. I've been judging them like this for a while now. For most of the season the only teams they could beat were the bad ones. And so far I haven't seen any indication much has changed since then. Maybe that's not a bad thing if they can somehow play ugly and still win. That's how they won the first round, right?
Well alright come back on here and give your analysis after the game tomorrow.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:33 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,776,741 times
Quote:
....snipped for relevance......The Spurs need to stop relying on luck to win the games and actually go out there and play like they want it more than the other team. ....snipped for relevance...

Luck??? You think these guys rely on LUCK???
You have got to be kidding me.... How can you watch Bruce, RubberbandManManu, Tony, FINLEY (!!!), Oberto, Horry, and Tim and say they rely on Luck?

So, okay, anything else you say is totally irrelevant, because the comment about "luck" (God, it makes me LAUGH OUT LOUD!) is so ..... unbelievable and truly, incredibly irrational in the light of what we really see coming from these guys on a pretty darn regular basis.... nearly a CONTINUAL basis, actually...

Are you from New Orleans, or one of the other teams we will be meeting up with, or something?????

Old 05-05-2008, 11:14 AM

47 posts, read 243,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Luck??? You think these guys rely on LUCK???
You have got to be kidding me.... How can you watch Bruce, RubberbandManManu, Tony, FINLEY (!!!), Oberto, Horry, and Tim and say they rely on Luck?

So, okay, anything else you say is totally irrelevant, because the comment about "luck" (God, it makes me LAUGH OUT LOUD!) is so ..... unbelievable and truly, incredibly irrational in the light of what we really see coming from these guys on a pretty darn regular basis.... nearly a CONTINUAL basis, actually...

Are you from New Orleans, or one of the other teams we will be meeting up with, or something?????

I'm saying their wins would appear to have more to do with luck than the effort they put out as a TEAM. Don't get me wrong, these are all great players. Well, except for Finley(???), Oberto and Horry. If Horry isn't the epitome of luck, I don't what is. But as a team, if you can't recognize they are NOT firing on all cylinders, then you are blissfully ignorant. In your head you're seeing a finely tuned Ferrari, but in real life it's more like a beat up 70 Nova Super Sport that's misfiring. Yes, yes I did compare the Spurs to a badly running 70 Nova.

In round 1 that Nova faced an even crappier 76 Ford Pinto. The Nova got LUCKY when it tapped the rear bumper of the Pinto and it exploded. Now the badly running Nova is facing a stock 1985 Camaro. Well, no one bothered opening up the hood to figure out what's wrong with the Nova after the first race. So it's no wonder down the stretch the Camaro couldn't be outran. Waiting for a faulty gas tank to explode doesn't work as well on Camaros. They need to open the hood, fix the timing issue, change the spark plugs, realign the distributor, throw some slicks on the back wheels, dump some hi-octane fuel in the tank and race like they're supposed to.

You obviously believe in the Spurs' ability. So do I, believe it or not. I just haven't seen it yet. All I've seen is a run down old car in need of repair. But I like old cars and hate to see them destroyed, especially when it only needs a little bit of fixing to make it great again. If they don't stop relying on LUCK, yes LUCK, they are destined for the salvage yard. A 70 Nova SS wouldn't lose to a stock 85 Camaro, unless there's something wrong with it. Or the driver.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I'm saying their wins would appear to have more to do with luck than the effort they put out as a TEAM. Don't get me wrong, these are all great players. Well, except for Finley(???), Oberto and Horry. If Horry isn't the epitome of luck, I don't what is. But as a team, if you can't recognize they are NOT firing on all cylinders, then you are blissfully ignorant. In your head you're seeing a finely tuned Ferrari, but in real life it's more like a beat up 70 Nova Super Sport that's misfiring. Yes, yes I did compare the Spurs to a badly running 70 Nova.

In round 1 that Nova faced an even crappier 76 Ford Pinto. The Nova got LUCKY when it tapped the rear bumper of the Pinto and it exploded. Now the badly running Nova is facing a stock 1985 Camaro. Well, no one bothered opening up the hood to figure out what's wrong with the Nova after the first race. So it's no wonder down the stretch the Camaro couldn't be outran. Waiting for a faulty gas tank to explode doesn't work as well on Camaros. They need to open the hood, fix the timing issue, change the spark plugs, realign the distributor, throw some slicks on the back wheels, dump some hi-octane fuel in the tank and race like they're supposed to.

You obviously believe in the Spurs' ability. So do I, believe it or not. I just haven't seen it yet. All I've seen is a run down old car in need of repair. But I like old cars and hate to see them destroyed, especially when it only needs a little bit of fixing to make it great again. If they don't stop relying on LUCK, yes LUCK, they are destined for the salvage yard. A 70 Nova SS wouldn't lose to a stock 85 Camaro, unless there's something wrong with it. Or the driver.
Oh, well, okay then. Thanks for the nibble..... moving on now.....

Old 05-05-2008, 03:20 PM

47 posts, read 243,405 times
Quote:
Oh, well, okay then. Thanks for the nibble..... moving on now.....

Not sure why you responded to something irrelevant.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:55 PM

ohhhhh Saaaaphiiiiiiirrrre!!!!
Where are you ???????

waiting for your play by play.....

Old 05-05-2008, 08:01 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
Quote:
ohhhhh Saaaaphiiiiiiirrrre!!!!
Where are you ???????

waiting for your play by play.....
Present and accounted for, ma'am! Did you just hear about Timmy's 103 degree fever Sunday morning? That might partially explain Saturday's lack of action! When I have a fever that high, it's game over.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Present and accounted for, ma'am! Did you just hear about Timmy's 103 degree fever Sunday morning? That might partially explain Saturday's lack of action! When I have a fever that high, it's game over.
No!! I didn't hear about that!
Not surprised that he's up and about and apparently 'over it'....

Old 05-05-2008, 08:08 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,246,949 times
We need to start a pool for how many replies this thread will have by the end of the playoffs.

(now that I think of it, the ones who guess high will probably flood the threads until they go over)

Old 05-05-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
We need to start a pool for how many replies this thread will have by the end of the playoffs.

(now that I think of it, the ones who guess high will probably flood the threads until they go over)

LOLOL... hiya Anthony!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio