Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 07:31 AM

533 posts, read 481,598 times

Advertisements

Guys, my family wants to know the conservative areas of San Antonio.

They came to USA during President John F Kennedy and have always voted Democrat. However my Aunty's Facebook profiles says "Democrat, but have Family Values". I guess they are "Blue-Dog Democrats."

And now, my Uncle is thinking of voting for the other side.

Hope this gives you an idea of what neighborhood they are looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 07:46 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priya36 View Post
Hope this gives you an idea of what neighborhood they are looking for.
I've seldom seen a neighborhood that required specific political ideology. I honestly don't care what a given neighbor's political beliefs are. As long as they're generally law-abiding and respect personal boundaries, we'll get along just fine. I really can't think of any neighborhoods in SA that I'd object to moving into because of the political leanings of the residents. Life's entirely too short for that.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:58 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I've seldom seen a neighborhood that required specific political ideology. I honestly don't care what a given neighbor's political beliefs are. As long as they're generally law-abiding and respect personal boundaries, we'll get along just fine. I really can't think of any neighborhoods in SA that I'd object to moving into because of the political leanings of the residents. Life's entirely too short for that.
I agree 100%

If someone is so dead set on being around conservatives then being rural is your best bet, not in the big Texas cities.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:03 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,692 times
Political lines while choosing a neighborhood to live in.. What have we as humans become?

Old 05-05-2020, 08:07 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
City council districts are probably the simplest way to find what OP is looking for.

Council district 10 is represented by a conservative and has been for 20+ years. Districts 8 and 9 have in the last few years been represented by moderates. The other members are quite liberal.

https://www.sanantonio.gov/Portals/0...CCD_8.5x11.pdf

The district map will be redrawn after the census, so this may change after that happens.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:14 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
City council districts are probably the simplest way to find what OP is looking for.

Council district 10 is represented by a conservative and has been for 20+ years. Districts 8 and 9 have in the last few years been represented by moderates. The other members are quite liberal.

The district map will be redrawn after the census, so this may change after that happens.

Cant really go by that... understand this, depending on the district there are a different set number of democrats and republicans living in each one. Since I have known, there has been lackluster attendance to any vote. So what you are saying based on this. In district 10, 100 people came to vote and luck of the draw it was 55% (not a true number just putting it out there) republican, giving the republicans the win. That doesn't necessarily mean that there are more republicans in that district. What that means is the Democrats sat at home and ate pizza the night of the vote instead of exercising their right to vote. Happens more often then I care to count.

Also, the day after the census, all numbers will be null and void again as people are constantly moving in and out of districts. What was true yesterday is never true tomorrow. Polls are like toes. Everyone should have 10 but not all do.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:17 AM

4,323 posts, read 7,232,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Cant really go by that... understand this, depending on the district there are a different set number of democrats and republicans living in each one. Since I have known, there has been lackluster attendance to any vote. So what you are saying based on this. In district 10, 100 people came to vote and luck of the draw it was 55% (not a true number just putting it out there) republican, giving the republicans the win. That doesn't necessarily mean that there are more republicans in that district. What that means is the Democrats sat at home and ate pizza the night of the vote instead of exercising their right to vote. Happens more often then I care to count.

Also, the day after the census, all numbers will be null and void again as people are constantly moving in and out of districts. What was true yesterday is never true tomorrow. Polls are like toes. Everyone should have 10 but not all do.
I would point out that candidates for Mayor and City Council in San Antonio do not run for those offices on party labels. In fact, some candidates do not (at least publicly) disclose their party affiliation.

Case in point: Chip Haass was the representative for conservative-leaning City Council District 10 from 2003 to 2007, when he was term limited at that point. He then ran for Bexar County Commissioner Precinct 3, where they DO run on party labels. Haass ran as a Democrat, but was defeated by Republican Kevin Wolff (whose father, Nelson Wolff, serves as Democrat County Judge).

Old 05-05-2020, 09:29 AM

533 posts, read 481,598 times
I was pointing party affiliation to give an example.

I would love to move to Austin, which is diverse (has lot of Indian groceries, restaurants, etc) but my family would be freaked out by the cool, weird vibes of my generation.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:01 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,231 times
Who cares. You can find communities of religious conservatives in the boonies who live a life of moral tyranny.

If your neighbors are pleasant, keep their property well, will help you out if you need something reasonable, who gives a damn about some extremist social issue.

Want to go back to the days of HOAs that didn't let those people live in your neighborhood?

Old 05-05-2020, 10:52 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Political lines while choosing a neighborhood to live in.. What have we as humans become?

Very sadly there is a divide in the USA for "x" amount of the population IMO.
Even (as a man) I read some singles personals from women and some in NJ state "NO TRUMP SUPPORTERS" or stating about the same in different wording.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio