Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2020, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 827 times

Advertisements

Does anyone remember the old "ice house" (Stop-n-Go or Corner Stores of today) on the NW corner of Fredericksburg and Huebner roads ? If I recall correctly it was called Delaney's Ice House. I'd love a few photos... one ?... of the place. This ice house was directly across the street from an auto repair shop called "Boldt's Garage".

Last edited by Tinkerer 41; 05-19-2020 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: mispelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 06:20 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,501,700 times
I absolutely remember Delaney's Ice House. I lived 1 mile from it on Prue rd. We used to ride our bikes up there and get a Big Red out of that old fashioned cooler with the slide lid on top when we were kids. Way before USAA was around. My brother's 1st job was there. The feed store was on the side of it. Prue was a gravel road back then.
Boldt's Garage across the street was where my dad worked when he was 17. I remember that huge oak tree in the front of the garage . My dad recently passed away, but he still has the old valve grinding machine Mr. Boldt gave him years ago. We are going thru tons of old pics my dad had, if we come across any of Delaney's....I will post them later. Don't have any pics of Delaney's on hand, but I have a painting of Boldt's garage and I believe Delaney's is in the background. Tried to upload the pic, but having a hard time downloading it here. Send me a DM if you want me to send it to you another way. Did you live in the area back when it was around?

Last edited by txtea; 05-19-2020 at 06:44 PM..

Old 05-20-2020, 11:06 AM

2 posts, read 827 times
Yes, I lived close enough so that we considered Delaney's in the "country hood". I grew up off Babcock, north of Huebner. I also got my first job there. You know that NISD named an elementary school after Mr. Boldt in October of 2015. If you wanted to share some of those photos, I am sure not only the school, but Mr. Boldt's family would appreciate them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: