Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Been A Victim of Crime in San Antonio?
Yes 3 25.00%
No 9 75.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 11:36 AM

40 posts, read 227,426 times

Advertisements

In all your years living here have you ever been a victim of crime?

How long have you lived in San Antonio and have you ever felt unsafe living here?

Last edited by boricuapower927; 12-27-2006 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: Clarity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2006, 11:42 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,335,117 times
In high school I drove an Audi with a nice sound system, one morning my car was broken into and they took my system.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:27 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,653,212 times
Born in Dallas but when the parents divorced mom stayed there and dad moved here to SA so half the time lived here that was 76-89 then moved full time here in 89 till 97 then moved to Omaha NE then outside Cinci, Oh then back to SA in 2002 for my birthday present! Missed Texas. Have lived all over the northside from Converse to Helotes, down inside 410, right by San Antonio College on Magnolia. Worked in nightclubs(dance) for about 10 years so was out alot in the wee hours that mischief occurs in and never had a problem or felt scared. Never had the car broken into or apt or house.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:53 PM

546 posts, read 3,105,195 times
Well, I was "carjacked" downtown back in '89, when that whole jacking phenomemom was the flavour scare of the month (more so on the nightly news I think - like the whole home invasion scare that never panned out...and oh yes, the big deal about antiobiotics not working anymore, ugh!). Anyway, got roughed up a bit by a small gang of thugs, car stolen, police found it on the west side, stripped, insurance bought me a new one, I was happy (for the new car AND not being killed in the process!). Problem was, I was young and dumb and had one of those ridiculously expensive thumping audio systems that was the rage for bratty young preppies driving SUVS at that time, I was just asking for it really. Since then, hmmm, nothing really traumatic that I recall. Oh yeah, another car was broken into years later at an apartment complex, a really nice one too, they stole my huge booklet of 2000 CD's! Oh well, keep those CD's inside the house/apt is the lesson learned there - BTW, USAA covered ALL the CD's, after I dumped a huge trash bag full of the actual CD cases on their front desk to prove I wasn't bs'ing them. They soon dropped me though - jerks

Old 12-27-2006, 07:55 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Default In a cemetery!

Being a history buff and longtime genealogist, I was wandering round the East Side cemetery area looking for some dates and names I was researching . It was 2 o'clock in the afternoon on a Wednesday in the summer about 5 years ago.
I was about 20 feet inside the fence from New Braunfels Ave, and a short distance from a church. I was not even alone, but my friend was not very close to me. From out of nowhere a man ran up to me and stuck a gun in my face demanding money. I handed my purse to him and he wouldn't touch it. In my panick I couldn't find any money in my purse or wallet. He was getting very aggitated and cussing his head off....until I found a $20 and a $5! He wouldn' touch anything but my money and then took off sprinting across the cemetery.

We found a cop and reported it. I wasn't hurt, but the cop said I was lucky I had enough cash to buy some crack. He said the neighborhoods around there were full of crack houses and that I wasn't the first! Thankfully I had some bit change, but I did leave very shaken thinking of that gun about 6" from my face.

Never in a million years did I expect to be mugged in a cemetery on a busy street in broad daylight! Other than stupidity of thinking I was safe in a bad area, I've not had a problem here personally.......pretty good for 40 years in Texas.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:42 AM

546 posts, read 3,105,195 times
Yeah, those East Side Cemeteries are spooky in more ways than one! I went with a large group once, like 10 guys, so we weren't too worried, but if I was with my girlfriend or just another pal, forget it, I'd be packing a bazooka and perhaps a few hand grenades! Too bad, those old cemetaries are so cool and full of history. There's all this talk about this so-called East Side revitalization, MAYBE, just maybe, around St. Mark's Square, and a tad beyond, but that's it...that area is just gone, baby, gone. Cool old homes gone to seed. Too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio