Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 06:18 PM

215 posts, read 211,314 times

Advertisements

Its not an end-of-the-world emergency but i was just wondering if H-E-B was going to start restocking their brand of sodas in the fridge at the checkout counters?I usually get their cola flavor after i get out of work on my way home.Its been a while since ive seen their fridge stocked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2022, 09:38 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,273,099 times
I noticed limits on HEB soda a few days ago and also none at the registers. Not sure what’s going on. I’d assume supply issues but had hoped that not to be a big issue for their own products. Could be some odd thing they require. Gatorade and Powerade were harder to get the last few years and I’ve heard it was related to lack of plastic for the lids.

Old 05-13-2022, 10:06 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,348,331 times
[Mod edit: done. Now back on topic]

To the OP: The Brook Hollow HEB seems to be stocking the name brands now in place of their own brand.

Last edited by elnina; 05-13-2022 at 11:51 PM..

Old 05-13-2022, 11:56 PM

61,720 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Not sure about HEB brands but I suspect they get their soda ingredients from the same source.
Coca-Cola CEO expects to see sporadic product shortages through 2022.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/27/coca...ough-2022.html

I also remember reading about aluminum shortage (cans)

.... Oh, here:
https://www.sdcexec.com/sourcing-pro...-2022-aluminum

Old 05-20-2022, 12:47 PM

950 posts, read 1,259,768 times
Had to go to H.E.B. Kitty Hawk the other day, and I also noticed their brand name soda shortage at the register. Guess supply chain issue. Also,filled the car up this morning,(car is 24 years old, hey no payments right) anyhow, Premium gas is now $4.79 at Murphy's in Schertz, other is a little cheaper but not by much. If I have to, I can walk to work from my house.
Someone has got to do something about this, and stop daudleing around about it.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:20 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
Had to go to H.E.B. Kitty Hawk the other day, and I also noticed their brand name soda shortage at the register. Guess supply chain issue. Also,filled the car up this morning,(car is 24 years old, hey no payments right) anyhow, Premium gas is now $4.79 at Murphy's in Schertz, other is a little cheaper but not by much. If I have to, I can walk to work from my house.
It is even worse for those that buy diesel, prices being higher than gas. Not a good sign for the trucking industry too.

Old 05-21-2022, 03:36 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
It is even worse for those that buy diesel, prices being higher than gas. Not a good sign for the trucking industry too.
Or just brew your own (very easy to do in Texas, because few are seeking the available feedstocks!)
https://www.instructables.com/Make-Y...sel-Processor/
https://www.biodieselcommunity.org/appleseedprocessor/
Journey to Forever 90-litre processor

Diesels run fine on a variety of fuels (often FREE). (including waste engine and transmission oil + discarded Jet-A or heating oil)

Hopefully algae based and Synthetic fuels are coming soon, as we are reaching the price point they are cost competitive.

EASY to grow algae in Texas

Old 06-09-2022, 12:41 PM

117 posts, read 80,809 times
Seems like supply chain issues on a lot of products.
My HEB in NB didn't have Cherry Coke for like 4 months (my kids favorite)
Also, buying facial tissue can be hit or miss, half the time the shelves are empty. Why? Who knows....
Frozen french fries were down to only one option for a while Shoestring, the rest of the shelves empty.
Chicken nuggets were hard to come by also for a couple months (regular Tyson)

Old 06-10-2022, 07:27 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
One time I went and they didn't have any dog food (several months ago). As for sodas from H-E-B brand, I was buying the Just Peachy canned type, but they hiked up the prices for these so hard. I've switched brands now, lol.

Old 06-17-2022, 11:01 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
Want to go to war with Russia?
Don’t see lower prices as long as Ukraine war is going on
The Saudis like having higher prices from lower quantity available — not going to turn on their spigots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio