Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 01:46 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,071,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I wonder how the truck made it past the checkpoint? Don't the guards open the back door just to take a look and see what's back there? Looks like that would part of their procedure since there have been other times that large numbers of immigrants died in the back of a semi from the Texas heat.
That's what I was thinking too, unless there is some "system" with many different players on the payroll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 01:52 PM

3,739 posts, read 5,806,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
It was probably a coyote driving it and he didn't care. He already got paid for taking them. I just wonder what caused him to ditch them. Maybe he could smell the dead bodies from his driver seat?
He was expecting a SECOND payment, I imagine - either from relatives, electronically-transmitted, or payment in young girls he could sell, or whatever valuables the smuggled persons had on them. Remember that old song, 'Don't Pay the Ferryman'? https://www.pandora.com/artist/lyric...Rx9kwhd3Zbvz7c

Used to give me chills...

Old 06-29-2022, 02:44 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,572,793 times
years ago, there is a case similar in UK,the customs officer a young guy saw all the dead people ,he never recover to work again,they just let him retire.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:59 PM

10,040 posts, read 6,741,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
He was expecting a SECOND payment, I imagine - either from relatives, electronically-transmitted, or payment in young girls he could sell, or whatever valuables the smuggled persons had on them. Remember that old song, 'Don't Pay the Ferryman'? https://www.pandora.com/artist/lyric...Rx9kwhd3Zbvz7c

This I believe. 2 hours in that heat is terrible but unlikely enough time for 46 deaths especially while the car is moving. Plus the truck appeared to have refrigeration so it’s entirely possible that it wasn’t until whatever went down that he left them in the heat. The more likely scenario is that something in the deal went down and he let them there to suffer. It makes you think “no one would want that on somebody” but these people have proven to show no inch of care for human rights.

Old 06-29-2022, 04:07 PM

3,532 posts, read 2,878,475 times
According to an editorial in the “Houston Chronicle”, the people were covered in steak seasoning. Maybe to fool dogs?
If these people had been shot, the media would be broadcasting the tragedy nonstop.

Old 06-29-2022, 06:18 PM

10,040 posts, read 6,741,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
According to an editorial in the “Houston Chronicle”, the people were covered in steak seasoning. Maybe to fool dogs?
If these people had been shot, the media would be broadcasting the tragedy nonstop.
If these people would’ve been white *

Old 06-29-2022, 06:19 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,043,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post

Nice to see you here! I remember you from the Madison threads. Did you ever get out of Mississippi?

Old 06-29-2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
If these people would’ve been white *
There always has to be that one guy...

Old 06-29-2022, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I was thinking the seasoning could be to cover the smell of dead bodies, but I think there were people alive still in the truck so that wouldn't make sense.

I think I read there was water or a refrigerator or something in the back but it was broken.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:34 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,814,281 times
Quote:
I doubt that. It is not common for these trailers to contain a lot of powder residue of what it was carrying prior. I am willing to bet it had a load of "steak seasoning" before it was used to transport the illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio