Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2023, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 494 times

Advertisements

Hello! New member and I only joined to see about getting some answers about a genealogy project. I'm not sure how well-travelled this forum is, but thought I'd give it a shot.

One of the ancestors I'm researching worked at a bar in San Antonio in 1965. She remembered the name as Tiny's, but based on the location the bar may have been the Ebb Tide Lounge. Her written recollections show that a couple ran the bar where she worked, and that they were very supportive of her during a difficult time in her life. I've scanned the internet and see that the Ebb Tide Lounge was opened in 1957 and still exists. I don't have a date when the modern Tiny's Cantina opened, or if there was another bar with that name in 1965. Online city directories for San Antonio stop at 1960, and the 1960 directory does not list a "Tiny's" except for a Beauty Salon... not a Saloon. (LOL!)

Please contact me and let me know if you have any information about either bar and the owners in 1965. My hope is to contact the owners and/or their descendants to see if they remember this ancestor, and to thank them for their kindness to her.

Thanks in advance to any help you can offer!

Last edited by amandarekenwith; 01-21-2023 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: