Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:57 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,670,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyAngels View Post
We kinds of like the Centex Homes off of 1604 & Potranco. They seem nice and affordable. Any opinions? Good or bad, doesn't matter. We just want to make sure we're making the right decision & who better to ask than San Antonians. :-)
Are you talking about the Centex Monticello subdivision? I believe homes there are advertised in the $130-$170's. My youngest daughter and her husband own a Centex home across the street in Westcreek and their home is nice. You might also look at Redbird Ranch down the road on Potranco. The prices are about the same as Monticello (though they go up into the $300's). IMO Redbird Ranch offers more amenities in the neighborhood and DR Horton homes (to me) look a little better than Centex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 01:28 AM

10 posts, read 41,821 times
Did Westcreek closeout? I can't find them on the Centex website. We hadn't looked at Redbird Ranch. We'll look into it though.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Did Westcreek closeout? I can't find them on the Centex website. We hadn't looked at Redbird Ranch. We'll look into it though.
Yes, about 6 months ago. The only Centex homes I know about is Monticello Ranch on Talley Road and Silver Oaks on 1560 (off of Culebra).

Old 01-21-2007, 02:43 PM

10 posts, read 41,821 times
Yea, we've been to both of those.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Yea, we've been to both of those.
Check today's Sunday newspaper (Realty section). Pulte is offering lots of discounted homes ($10,000-$40,000) in several locations...including Alamo Ranch.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Well, since you do prefer Northside ISD, and you don't mind being near SeaWorld, then you have many many options. The neighborhoods off Kriewald that I mentioned earlier are fairly close to SeaWorld. Also, there's many new areas off Potranco Rd which is very close to SeaWorld. Check the DR Horton website and you'll see a neighborhood called Amhurst off Potranco just west of 1604. There's also a neighborhood called Trophy Ridge from Medallion Homes...very nice area with older style architecture reminiscent of the 30s or 40s but with modern touches, of course. Google the Medallion Homes website too so you can see for yourself. Further down Potranco outside of 1604, you'll find Centex neighborhoods, more DR Horton homes and Armadillo Homes. That area is in one of the fastest growing regions of SA so you won't have a problem finding something to your liking. Also, the schools off Potranco are all NISD and they are all brand new or at least within 2 yrs or so. More new elementary's and a new high school is planned within 3-4 yrs.
Thank you for your advice. I am from SA and haven't been home in awhile, this actually helps me do my research to live close to the base but in a good neighborhood. Traffic has grown over the years. Do you happen to know what afterschool programs are offered in these neighborhoods. I learned that you have to live on base in order for the kids to attend the base school and youth center is right next door which is wonderful. But do not want to live on base. I have read on a few of the schools that are there but not to clear on the afterschool programs. Thanks!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:03 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,826,021 times
You can request your child attend Lackland schools if you desire. I work (on Lackland) with someone who lives off-base and all 3 of her children go to Lackland schools. Not sure the process/procedure/requirements, but you can call the school and I'm sure they'll give you all the info.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,327 times
Amhurst off of Potranco is a nice friendly neighboor. I also heard that the Westcreek area is a nice place to live as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio