Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 05:26 PM

61 posts, read 45,000 times

Advertisements

How many floors tall is the new hotel next to La Villita going to be? I think it is going to be a hotel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2023, 07:23 PM

73 posts, read 68,066 times
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=241064

Old 06-16-2023, 12:11 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,884,909 times
Isn't that the former CPS headquarters? It's being redesigned into a hotel.

Old 06-16-2023, 12:38 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
No, this is a new building. It will be 10 stories tall in total.

Photo credit: https://sanantonioreport.org/hdrc-10...ol-la-villita/

Old 06-18-2023, 11:48 AM

1,033 posts, read 875,406 times
Marriott redo is on the corner, the new Kimpton is next to that and then there's this nameless new hotel that's going up within La Villita.

I think that's right (correct me if wrong).

Old 06-19-2023, 02:05 PM

Default Not sure if accurate on hotel names,

We are on the right track though, with all this work going on downtown. Things are developing nicely. Progress. Lots of Money. These people are investing all this money in hotels because there is confidence that San Antonio has a sound economic future.
We went downtown last November and there was not a street that was not ripped up it seemed down there. It was hard on the front suspension on the SUV even. Huge Plastic barricades were up all over the place too. A mess. Then stopped at the all night Whataburger. The food was $19.00 and the parking for this act was $26.00 inside the parking tower next to the Whataburger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
Marriott redo is on the corner, the new Kimpton is next to that and then there's this nameless new hotel that's going up within La Villita.

I think that's right (correct me if wrong).

Old 06-20-2023, 02:07 PM

1,033 posts, read 875,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by less than usual View Post
We are on the right track though, with all this work going on downtown. Things are developing nicely. Progress. Lots of Money. These people are investing all this money in hotels because there is confidence that San Antonio has a sound economic future.
We went downtown last November and there was not a street that was not ripped up it seemed down there. It was hard on the front suspension on the SUV even. Huge Plastic barricades were up all over the place too. A mess. Then stopped at the all night Whataburger. The food was $19.00 and the parking for this act was $26.00 inside the parking tower next to the Whataburger.

I agree that if downtown wants to make more money, they need to cater to a wealthier tourist. San Antonio need to get away from building these ugly, crappy Fairfields and go for Kimptons, W's, Ritz, Four Seasons, etc. Money often begets money.

In comparison to Austin, Dallas and Houston, our hotel portfolio is weak.

Old 06-20-2023, 07:04 PM

Default On Weak Hotel Portfolios,

San Antonio has always been viewed as the poorer cousin of the other largest Texas cities. We mostly are a tourist destination and convention center whereas these other cities are financial and tech centers.
Deep pockets for big expense accounts and all these expenses are tax deductible, for the upper crust that is. We regular people can no longer deduct normal business expenses since Trump changed the tax laws. No.
We are still an overgrown cowtown most people believe. Hell when Hemisfair began to appear here in 1967 all of the Major hotel chains refused to build one of their hotels here in anticipation- because not one believed that a hotel located here could turn a profit.
I found that a lot of northerners know little of San Antonio.
Getting these ultra fancy hotel chains to build in San Antonio? If there was a market for it I'm sure they would come. I would say that the market is getting pretty saturated around here. Still they build.
I would add that we are doing a pretty good job at keeping up, this state grows at such a rapid pace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
I agree that if downtown wants to make more money, they need to cater to a wealthier tourist. San Antonio need to get away from building these ugly, crappy Fairfields and go for Kimptons, W's, Ritz, Four Seasons, etc. Money often begets money.

In comparison to Austin, Dallas and Houston, our hotel portfolio is weak.

Old 06-23-2023, 04:37 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
Well they are building a Kimpton and transforming the Wyndam into an InterContinental to the tune of a 158 million. They also finished a 12 million dollar facelift of the Weston River Walk. So developers have taken note. I also believe the new Hemisphere Park hotel is going to be flagged with the boutique Curio.

All that and we have the Hotel Emma which is always ranked in the top 10 nationally.

The W that was going to be built by the Pearl was killed by COVID uncertainties.

Old 06-23-2023, 05:35 PM

Default Hotel Portfolio,

So in actuality we do have some very fancy hotels after all. Oh, and by the way Rye, it was always called Hemisfair. I know, I know. A lot of people call it Hemisphere but since it was a Worlds Fair they named it Hemisfair, since day one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Well they are building a Kimpton and transforming the Wyndam into an InterContinental to the tune of a 158 million. They also finished a 12 million dollar facelift of the Weston River Walk. So developers have taken note. I also believe the new Hemisphere Park hotel is going to be flagged with the boutique Curio.

All that and we have the Hotel Emma which is always ranked in the top 10 nationally.

The W that was going to be built by the Pearl was killed by COVID uncertainties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio