Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:23 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
Well, it is 91 on my patio right now...82 in the house and I am thinking its almost time to flip on the air. Nobody is complaining yet so I may wait a bit longer. I did open the upstairs windows last night. We had a nice breeze blowing out of the south.
What 82!
My thermostat is set at 68.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 10:25 AM

933 posts, read 1,978,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
What 82!
My thermostat is set at 68.
brrrrrrrrrr! I usually have mine set between 78 and 80...though a friend of ours keeps hers at 65 and always tries to turn ours down. Though she is cooling an 800 sq ft mobile home. LOL

Old 05-31-2008, 10:30 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
I just took the dogs out for a walk, and it's gorgeous--nice cool breeze and a tiny bit of cloud cover. I know it's going to get hot, but right now it is like central CA coastal weather! I love it!!

Old 05-31-2008, 06:03 PM

146 posts, read 517,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
While Mr Anthony speaks truth above...just ask around and you will find it VERY difficult to find a native San Antonio resident that can recall any of these (besides being stupid and trying to drive thru a low water crossing during flash flooding and those areas are VERY well marked and you SEE the risk, just choose to ignore it vs turning around and taking another route)...so while the answer may be yes...very few folks have dealt with it or can even remember hearing of the last one. We get storms, but you have a much greater odd of being in SERIOUS weather related issues where you currently live from what I hear about that part of Indiana.

Now, if you want to discuss a drought...we might have something on ya!

Thanks for the info and comparison. We're in Springfield, IL.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:32 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,693 times
Here is what the sky looked like today form my balcony viewing west!

Old 05-31-2008, 06:34 PM

933 posts, read 1,978,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Here is what the sky looked like today form my balcony viewing west!
That is a GREAT picture!

Old 05-31-2008, 06:39 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
That is a GREAT picture!
Because it was taken with a Mac!!

Old 05-31-2008, 06:43 PM

146 posts, read 517,154 times
Thanks, Anthony, and others, for the info. So is there any difference between SA and Austin when it comes to these natural occurences? I wouldn't like the heat of Phoenix and I've heard the crime is too out of hand in all the burbs there. Presscott, AZ, would be alright if it wasn't for the high cost of housing. I like Virginia alright but it seems like it might be hard to get away from the crime in that state.

I'm still openminded to SA, though the fludding seems a bit scary to me since I drive on my job some at night. My vision at night isn't all that good, so I could probably overlook some of those signs on accident. So when these fluds happen what length of time is there usually a problem?

Old 05-31-2008, 06:43 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,244,975 times
No wonder you get better views of the lightning

I am surrounded by the million trees of the Olmos Basin.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:45 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,244,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benandgrace View Post
Thanks, Anthony, and others, for the info. So is there any difference between SA and Austin when it comes to these natural occurences? I wouldn't like the heat of Phoenix and I've heard the crime is too out of hand in all the burbs there. Presscott, AZ, would be alright if it wasn't for the high cost of housing. I like Virginia alright but it seems like it might be hard to get away from the crime in that state.

I'm still openminded to SA, though the fludding seems a bit scary to me since I drive on my job some at night. My vision at night isn't all that good, so I could probably overlook some of those signs on accident. So when these fluds happen what length of time is there usually a problem?
Austin and San Antonio are only about 80 miles apart, the metro areas of course are much much closer. However, all in all there is little difference between the weather in these two cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio