Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 06:15 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,292,767 times

Advertisements

Okay it's a dumb question and I'll probably get the answer I don't want...

but is there anywhere in town to get a gas dryer line connection hose thingy BESIDES Home Depot, Wal-Mart?

I need one and I don't wanna drive and NOTHING is close to me besides HEB, HEB, HEB, oh, and Family Dollar/Dollar General. I doubt HEB would have this but does anyone know for sure?

There's Guadalupe Lumber close by and I know they have them but they are closed. I was looking to get one today without driving to Walmart again (I was there yesterday and forgot this one item).

Home Depot, Walmart, etc. are all too far for me to mess with going there tonight.

On a related note, will a gas heater hose work instead? Or a stove hose? I mean, are they all the same basically? I have some heaters in storage with gas lines, if they might work it's worth digging them out of the shed.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,101,062 times
HEB's hardware barely qualifies as hardware. Light bulbs, extension cords and picture hanger nails are about the most exotic things you'll find there.

I just went through a similar experience looking for an icemaker hose - an item which is likely on the same store rack as dryer lines. Any store that sells appliances should be able to hook you up with a dryer line. Big Lots is the most offbeat place I can think of that might have them. I'm sure that Target would not.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:21 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,882,619 times
As long as the hose is rated for gas it will work if the connections fit. Do not put teflon tape on gas lines as you would do for water lines. Get a dryer hose tomorrow at Guadelupe Lumber. Better to have a new one.
I hate the frustration of having to drive to get things. It used to be no big deal, but at 4.00 a gallon, "run to the store" has a whole new meaning.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:49 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,292,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
As long as the hose is rated for gas it will work if the connections fit. Do not put teflon tape on gas lines as you would do for water lines. Get a dryer hose tomorrow at Guadelupe Lumber. Better to have a new one.
I hate the frustration of having to drive to get things. It used to be no big deal, but at 4.00 a gallon, "run to the store" has a whole new meaning.
OMGosh really? About teflon tape?? I had no idea. I thought that's what you did? My GF probably knows better and she was the one to hook up the gas stove and whatnot everywhere we lived. I just never paid attention or watched her do it.

You are right, I'll just wait. I've waited this long for a gas dryer, what's another day?

And yes, I hear ya about driving to get stuff. I like my little neighborhood but it is not convenient to a lot of things I took for granted when I lived in the 'burbs... things like Wal-Mart and Lowe's and Home Depot and such.

Actually a lot of things are officially "only" 5 miles from me but that always, ALWAYS translates into 15-20 minutes one way in the car due to having to get there via city streets and traffic and 30 mph speed limits. We treat a Walmart trip much like those who live out in the country do... i.e once a month and you better not forget anything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio