Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 01:56 PM

778 posts, read 2,503,869 times

Advertisements

If you are looking for something a little more budget-wise, my wife and I do a thing every year where we stay at a hotel within San Antonio, usually one with a honeymoon suite that has a jacuzzi. Anyway, the idea is to get away from the regular house, eat at a different restaurant (doesn't have to be hugely expensive), and just enjoy the evening.

Save gas, add to San Antonio's extortionist-like hotel-motel tax and enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 02:07 PM

67 posts, read 275,044 times
My hubby & I just rented a small cabin in Wimberley for a weekend last month. It was quiet and relaxing. It had a small kitchen, outdoor grill, covered patio & a hot tub. We went into town for market days & had a lovely dinner, but cooked the rest of our meals there.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:20 PM

791 posts, read 3,960,605 times
Although I would highly recommend Port Aransas over Rockport or other parts of Corpus Christi, trying to get a room in Port A during the summer can be tough on short notice. You'll have better luck on weekdays than weekends, but even then it won't be a bargain.

I'm going to have to agree with fierce & openminded who recommended Fredericksburg & Gruene... one of the most romantic weekend getaways I ever had was in Fredericksburg at the Austin Street Retreat ~ Austin Street Retreat ~ Fredericksburg, TX The El Jefe Suite and Annie's Cabin are my favorites. You could also make a Hill Country weekend of it, one day in Fredericksburg, one day in Gruene or Wimberley, one day in Blanco at the wineries, etc. Definitely a great getaway, very romantic and pretty easy on the budget.

Here's a couple links to help:
Texas Hill Country Lodging - Fredericksburg Texas
Fredericksburg Texas First Class Bed Breakfast Reservation Service Fredricksburg TX
Texas Bed and Breakfast Association asp
Texas Bed Breakfasts Inns Guesthouses Hospitality Accommodations Texas HAT

Old 07-03-2008, 04:08 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,139,513 times
So nice to see so many "Romantics" in S.A.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:40 PM

47 posts, read 151,219 times
I second (or was it fourth? ) The Fredericksburg recommendations. My husband and I just went and stayed at the Camp David Cottages to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We only stayed one night but it was an AWESOME little get away.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:53 PM

122 posts, read 512,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by open minded View Post
I recently took my husband to Fredericksburg for his birthday and we had a nice romantic time. We stayed at a small B&B with a whirlpool and enjoyed some Fredericksburg wine while we soaked. We also went on a horseback riding with just the two of us and the trail leader (very romantic) and had dinner at a nice restaurant. Its not the beach but we had a wonderful time. The drive was about an hour from SA. You can also do some window shopping and antiquing there.

Here is the website I used to find where we stayed.

Fredericksburg Texas First Class Bed Breakfast Reservation Service Fredricksburg TX

Happy anniversary!
My husband and I went to Fredricksburg for our first anniversary. We stayed at Austin Street Retreat, which is a group of separate cottages so you have your own place. We had a great time walking the town, eating and wine tasting.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:54 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,723 times
Ah, one more suggestion...

The Spa at Escondida

I stayed. It rocked my socks off. Totally private. No cell reception. Good wireless though. FANTASTIC spa.

BN

Old 07-05-2008, 05:56 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
I vote for a B&B near Fredericksburg. Ah, the memories.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
Bumping for the lady looking for a romantic getaway.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:22 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Here is a list of 101 things to do in Corpus Christi. I think that'll be the best beach getaway you're going to find with less than a 3 hour drive.
Is this link working for anyone else? It's not working for me and I'm not sure if its my computer or the link. I've been having some issues with this computer today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio