Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:11 PM

266 posts, read 706,710 times

Advertisements

is anyone esle having trouble even getting a showing at a home you have for sale?
I have a new (one year old, but it looks and smells new) over by sea world. It’s priced well below what I bought it for, and very competitive for the neighborhood. im offering the world to sell it, closing costs, ect. Realtor bonus. It’s been on the market over 40 days, still not one showing.... im baffled

ya ya, i know the market is slow, i still should have at least some interest. anyone else having troubles?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:14 PM

545 posts, read 2,284,385 times
the market has damn well tanked. there are two houses down our street that have been on the market for well over a year...one is on their third realtor.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:25 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,747,049 times
Are they still building in your community? If so then you are competing against the builder as well as other sellers. Sadly - the market in SA peaked about 18-24 months ago...so if your house is a year old that means it was started at the peak. You will probably need to reduce the price further to get interest.

Just curious - why are you selling? And did your realtor host pictures of your home on the internet?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:42 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,968 times
I know you've got it FSBO, but what are you doing to market it? That's key. Like ~is it listing in MLS, how are you getting the word out to Realtors, etc? You should have had more than one showing by now. Although the market is slow, the area it's in is good for military folks who are relocating. And, your competition truly is the new home builders. There's lots of them out there!! A lot of first time home buyers don't really know how to go about getting financing and all, and so buying from the builder sometimes seems easier.

Just some thoughts.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:45 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,370,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
I know you've got it FSBO, but what are you doing to market it? That's key. Like ~is it listing in MLS, how are you getting the word out to Realtors, etc? You should have had more than one showing by now. Although the market is slow, the area it's in is good for military folks who are relocating. And, your competition truly is the new home builders. There's lots of them out there!! A lot of first time home buyers don't really know how to go about getting financing and all, and so buying from the builder sometimes seems easier.

Just some thoughts.
Very wise words from a very wise woman!

Old 07-10-2008, 12:51 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcat3 View Post
Very wise words from a very wise woman!
Sanx wCat!! And I'm not even practicing RE anymore! LOL!!!

One thing I didn't make clear ~ it's the fact of only one showing in that amount of time that is concerning. Being on the market for over 40 days is no biggy (I have friends whose house in the Stone Oak area has been on the market for WELL over a year! ), but you should at least be getting "looky lou's".

Old 07-10-2008, 12:59 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,370,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Sanx wCat!! And I'm not even practicing RE anymore! LOL!!!

One thing I didn't make clear ~ it's the fact of only one showing in that amount of time that is concerning. Being on the market for over 40 days is no biggy (I have friends whose house in the Stone Oak area has been on the market for WELL over a year! ), but you should at least be getting "looky lou's".
Jules.....I agree.....40 days is fairly short in the big picture.

Dave....do you have any comps on how many homes are for sale in your neighborhood? There just might be too much competition. I sent you a PM....your house needs to stand out on the internet FIRST for people to even want to drive by. Next question is "how's your curb appeal?" Once they drive by and see it, the next step is the interior. Staging starts online in this very tough market.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:27 PM

337 posts, read 1,432,078 times
Dave, Tell me about it! We have to relocate for hubby's job. We've been on the market now for almost 4 months and only 6 visits in all that time! I'm across 151 from SeaWorld next to Warren H.S. in a gated community. We have a very nice place...cul-de-sac lot...lots of stuff. We are with an agent and have MLS. We also posted on Zillow. It didn't help that 4 other houses with our same floor plan one street over went on market at same time ours did! Those homes aren't selling either and now I notice they are being leased! We may have to consider this as well, although it would be a last resort for us, since we have to move out of town and won't be able to keep an eye on the place ourselves.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:30 PM

266 posts, read 706,710 times
it is listed with a realtor, and no he didn’t use my internet hosting. i made my own page. if i bring a buyer, i only pay 2%. so there will be more money to use to sell the home if i find the buyer.

i am very aware of everything selling and for rent and pending in the neighborhood. There is one home that is close to mine, just not a s nice. he just dropped his price 10k. i will be dropping mine as much as i can soon. i do think i have the best deal in the area though.

in short i have 25k or so cash, i owe 165k. so how ever a person wants to structure a deal works for me. every time i sell something (i have tons of stuff for sale now) i lower the price.

im also looking for a renter, rent to own, what ever!

I understand that 40 days on the market isn’t a big deal, I have had homes on the market for 6 months plus, BUT I always have a parade of people looking. To not have ONE showing is amazing, and troubling.

The builders are killing me, but only because people are not comparing, I have talked to several builders and I am beating many of their deals.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:30 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,747,049 times
40 days may not be long on the market...but to not have a single look. That isn't good. One a week would seem normal if it is marketed well even in a slow market. Granted I wasn't selling on the west side...but we had 14 showings in five days before our house sold and that was at the end of January - a stereo typically slow time of year. It should be well photographed and in great drive by curb appeal condition. If you don't have it on line - then you should. If you can't get it sold FSBO - then find a realtor that will sell it at a discount - at least you will be getting it on MLS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: