Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 05:33 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Ewww no.. at least not the San Pedro location. Those girls have all been hit with the famine stick over there! I'm always tempted to buy them burgers at Burger King next door. Sad little things.
Yeah, it was pretty much a joke. When I saw "Wanted" last weekend, I kept thinking about tossing Angelina Jolie a burger, too--what's up with the anorexic look lately?

But I seriously hope they don't make a big hullabaloo about the newest location.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:11 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,051,760 times
At least its a honest business

Old 07-15-2008, 06:28 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Yeah, it was pretty much a joke. When I saw "Wanted" last weekend, I kept thinking about tossing Angelina Jolie a burger, too--what's up with the anorexic look lately?

But I seriously hope they don't make a big hullabaloo about the newest location.
Yeah, I figured it was a joke.

As for the famine fashion, I don't know. I was watching the trailer for the upcoming new X-Files movie to be released at the end of the month... and Gillian Anderson, my long term crush, is looking scrawny too. It's an epidemic! Along with Feed the Children, maybe we need "Feed the American Women"?

My 10 year old averts his eyes every time we pass a Beer & All... he says it's inappropriate and he gets all offended. I think his self-censoring is cute but he didn't get the prudishness from me.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:38 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,025 times
Quote:

We just saw that movie and all I could do was stare at AJ in shock! I couldn't even concentrate on the movie.

It will be interesting to see what other locations the "car wash" pops up in.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:02 PM

898 posts, read 2,895,728 times
I just found out that the new location is 3 blocks from my house. I think its right by a daycare center though. thats gonna make the news for sure.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:01 PM

288 posts, read 926,555 times
I guess I am the only one so far who has different views on this. I am not prude at all, seriously, but how far are we going to take open-mindedness? I just see small things like this as leading to bigger undesirable things, just as is the trend of all things moral. I don't really compare this to Hooters, because those girls are covered from their butts to their boobs (almost , and they have on pantyhose under their shorts to keep everything in place. From the pics on the bikini car wash site, we can all see that isn't the case. How about teaching girls to have higher standards? Many of you are saying its okay to work there, while making demeaning comments about the girls. Just my opinion.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:19 PM

27 posts, read 112,998 times
How long before Cibrian chimes in on this?

Will that be STP or STD with your wash job, sir?

Old 07-30-2008, 12:22 PM

27 posts, read 112,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFD_Wife View Post
I guess I am the only one so far who has different views on this. I am not prude at all, seriously, but how far are we going to take open-mindedness? I just see small things like this as leading to bigger undesirable things, just as is the trend of all things moral. I don't really compare this to Hooters, because those girls are covered from their butts to their boobs (almost , and they have on pantyhose under their shorts to keep everything in place. From the pics on the bikini car wash site, we can all see that isn't the case. How about teaching girls to have higher standards? Many of you are saying its okay to work there, while making demeaning comments about the girls. Just my opinion.
How 'bout a bunch of buff shirtless dudes polishing your headlights? I bet that wouldn't be a problem.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:22 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
Quote:

She WANTED....a hamburger.

I haven't seen the movie yet, I guess I'll pass! Women have to have some meat on them for me to look!

Old 07-30-2008, 12:42 PM

337 posts, read 1,431,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFD_Wife View Post
Well said! I, too, wish young women would realize that just because "they got it" doesn't mean they "gotta flaunt it". Women STILL have to work twice as hard as a man to get the same pay/promotions and when our young women allow themselves to become "objects", it hurts ALL women up the line. (Just my opinion)

And to the person who thinks it would make a difference if "shirtless, buff" young men were washing the cars.....nope, don't want that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio