Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 07:52 PM

222 posts, read 706,732 times

Advertisements

Not huge but it's one small win for us.

Our neighbors who violate just about every law you can while sitting in their home (or on their lawn or on their car or IN their car in the middle of their grass) FINALLY got a citation tonight. They were outside yelling just about every foul word you can imagine (and I mean really yelling and it went on for about 45 minutes) so my neighbor and I called it in. If my daughter can hear it and I can hear it periodically over my television then I'm sorry. . I'm calling! Anyway, the officer came out, they lied, said it was a "conversation" with no cusswords and that I hated them for "some reason" and they didn't know why.

Officer warns them, leaves, it's done. They come outside while my neighbor and I are talking about ten minutes later and CRANK the stereo up (in the car that's parked in the middle of the grass, of course) and start yelling things at me (like you're WHITE, B*TCH and BOOOORING and Why don't you turn those kids playing down the street in, too?). OK then there were foul words, etc and the stereo and bass were cranked up so loud that we could no longer have a conversation ten feet away.

I came inside, called SAPD again and asked to have them come to my house first. I showed them the tape, the officer was pretty upset, more than anything because they LIED to her and apparently very well so she cited them for noise violation.

ALL This time and we've never had an officer take it that far and I am SO grateful that this one did. Of course after she cited the girl they came BACK out to yell and tell me that I was a B**** and was WHITE and said they'd "get me" but it's all on tape. If they want to get me, fine, but at least you're on tape saying you're gonna do it.

I'm so excited that we had an officer take enough interest to do what these two officers did that I don't even care that they threatened me. The officer came back to tell me they cited her, etc and I had the opportunity to show her the tape from when they left. She was pretty dumbfounded and I guess they're contemplating what to do now.

SCORE 1 for the good guys! Finally!

I'm still moving though. . . .

Oh yeah, they said that with my "elaborate security setup" (aka my $75 dollar video security system from Radio Shack) that I'm probably selling drugs and they're turning me in - haha! If they only knew it was because our last neighbors in that house were thugs, too. Geez. . . and if they think they were insulting me by calling me white, I may not look it but a good part of me is German so - try again idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 07:56 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigginHouseVibez View Post

Our neighbors who violate just about every law you can while sitting in their home (or on their lawn or on their car or IN their car in the middle of their grass) FINALLY got a citation tonight. They were outside yelling just about every foul word you can imagine (and I mean really yelling and it went on for about 45 minutes) so my neighbor and I called it in. If my daughter can hear it and I can hear it periodically over my television then I'm sorry. . I'm calling! Anyway, the officer came out, they lied, said it was a "conversation" with no cusswords and that I hated them for "some reason" and they didn't know why.

Officer warns them, leaves, it's done. They come outside while my neighbor and I are talking about ten minutes later and CRANK the stereo up (in the car that's parked in the middle of the grass, of course) and start yelling things at me (like you're WHITE, B*TCH and BOOOORING and Why don't you turn those kids playing down the street in, too?). OK then there were foul words, etc and the stereo and bass were cranked up so loud that we could no longer have a conversation ten feet away.

I came inside, called SAPD again and asked to have them come to my house first. I showed them the tape, the officer was pretty upset, more than anything because they LIED to her and apparently very well so she cited them for noise violation.

ALL This time and we've never had an officer take it that far and I am SO grateful that this one did. Of course after she cited the girl they came BACK out to yell and tell me that I was a B**** and was WHITE and said they'd "get me" but it's all on tape. If they want to get me, fine, but at least you're on tape saying you're gonna do it.

I'm so excited that we had an officer take enough interest to do what these two officers did that I don't even care that they threatened me. The officer came back to tell me they cited her, etc and I had the opportunity to show her the tape from when they left. She was pretty dumbfounded and I guess they're contemplating what to do now.

Oh yeah, they said that with my "elaborate security setup" (aka my $75 dollar video security system from Radio Shack) that I'm probably selling drugs and they're turning me in - haha! If they only knew it was because our last neighbors in that house were thugs, too. Geez. . . and if they think they were insulting me by calling me white, I may not look it but a good part of me is German so - try again idiots.

Nice.. its always good to hear that the good people get a score every now and then instead of the thugs all of the time...

Old 07-17-2008, 08:00 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,296,788 times
Wow..... so, tell me about your system? It records sound? I want it! Hey maybe if you get lucky after moving you won't even need it anymore and I can buy it off ya.

Be careful though. Most people are all bark, no bite, but be careful nonetheless.

I was threatened by a neighbor before..... "Snitches get stitches and wind up in ditches", he said to me, in FRONT OF my son! .... because he thought I called the cops on him (I actually didn't). Then after hearing about this, my other neighbor had a "talk" with him (she's rough, tough, and been here forever) and then brought him over and he was shakin' and apologizing.

I'm not sure what she said to him but hey, whatever works!

Glad you got some satisfaction and results!

And yeah, I've been the recipient of that "white b***h" attempt at an insult too. Funny.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:00 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times
Great news for you!! Congrats. Maybe this is the beginning of the end, that would be great!!

Just please be careful with these creeps.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:11 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,635,464 times
Good for you!! Nothing worse than living amongst idiots in a neighborhood, many of us have been down this road before. Now that they know you have something that has the ability to record their misdeeds hopefully they will not jack with you but I concur with the previous admonishments, be careful with these yeahoos.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:28 PM

269 posts, read 745,839 times
been following your trials, good to see they are finally doing something about these people!

Old 07-17-2008, 08:34 PM

27 posts, read 77,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigginHouseVibez View Post

Cool story!!!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:05 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times
Good for you! I hate that Moderator cut: edit when people are not considerate for their own neighbors. We got some people like that here, but it's not too bad. Good luck.

Last edited by da jammer; 07-17-2008 at 09:16 PM..

Old 07-17-2008, 11:22 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,894 times
I am glad to hear that your neighbors got cited. Even if it's a small one, a win is a win...

Old 07-17-2008, 11:25 PM

222 posts, read 706,732 times
You guys want an even bigger shock? One of the girls, apparently the one who's name is on the lease, approached myself and another neighbor a little while ago asking if there was "a problem" (not in a threatening tone - I realize that comes across worse than it sounds when typed) and I told her she knew exactly what the problem was and as opposed to pretending she didn't know (which she does - she's there for a good 80% of it) she could just apologize and knock it off instead. She said they were "friends" who were staying with them until their apartment was ready. I wanted to ask her if all of the extra people were moving in somewhere together. I'm sure there's an apartment complex out there somewhere that has no clue they'll be housing about EIGHT people instead of the two or three I'm sure are on the application. Anyway I just laid it out for her as "simply" as possible even though I knew she was playing dumb on purpose. My camera recorded the entire conversation since it was outside so she can't say she didn't know from here on out!

I made it a point to tell her that MY main concern is my family and our safety. I took about fifteen minutes to give her a verbal laundry list of the rest of our problems. I also told her I'd be more than happy to play back the tape where her friends threatened to "cut my electricity off" so my "damn camera wouldn't work" and that they were threatening us while she was gone. My neighbor (who is white) added "let them know it's not cool to make fun of someone by calling them white when a white guy is standing ten feet away".

Anyway I won't go into detail about the rest but the bottom line was that she was on the verge of tears the whole time. She took part in most of the negative activity and she knows it - especially the vulgar music earlier that was turned up so loud that my neighbor and I couldn't even hold a conversation - so she got zero sympathy from me. She said half the time that these things went on that she was asleep in the back of the house and didn't hear the loud music and vulgarity. I told her if I live across the street and I'm asleep in the back of MY house and I hear it, congrats on being the worlds heaviest sleeper! Her excuses were lame and we didn't buy any of it and now she knows that OUR actions yield results and she could end up evicted and at the receiving end of a bunch of fines. She'll have to appear in court over the noise violation if she doesn't just pay it. I don't think it's much so I doubt she'll go. After our conversation they went right back to parking in the grass and we heard a lot of bass for a while but the minute I stepped outside they knocked it off. I'm still going to let the SAFFE officer do his thing after he sees everything we've recorded. I don't want her thinking some half hearted attempt will get her out of everything from here on out. They DID threaten me and they did take a few hours out of their day to insult me out loud in front of my home and loud enough for my daughter to hear so nice try but it's not "all good".

She blamed a lot of it on her friends and I was real quick to point out that if the lease is in her name then anything that happens there is her responsibility. She acted completely unaware. She'll be aware by next week so I'm done. Oh and I found the landlords number from when she'd given it to me a few years ago. I tried calling twice and nobody picked up. After that every attempt went straight to voice mail. The SAFFE officer was calling that same number earlier this evening so GO FIGURE, huh? Out of sight out of mind doesn't always work. I didn't leave a message. I'll let them deal with her. I'm POOPED after all of this. It was the most counterproductive day I've had in months. All my time wasted on THIS and ZERO work done today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio