Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 04:55 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,506,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
An8imal cruelty. Your not allowed to shot strays.
So, I'm supplosed to watch as it diggs up my flower bed in my back yard so it can take a Sh1t? Or smile whenever I go out and see tha my garbage bags got torn up? Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Good for them! My PET was shot by some kid with a BB gun in our own yard. It hit her in the rear leg and fractured the bone. She had to have a cast on her leg and drug it around like a ball and chain for two months. Once it came off she never did walk normally.

I think hunting is fine, but I don't think joking around with bb guns, let alone shot guns to put down strays is even funny.....not to mention the legality of it.
That stray may be someone's pet.....like mine was. Idiots!!
In, your own yard? thats sad. I shot the cat because he was in my yard and wouldnt leave. I tried shooing it away, but it stayed there stubbornley. I had no choice. Stray or not people need to take responsibilty of their pets. Especially cats because its amazing how many go off wandering into other peoples yards, Tearing up their garbage bags. or taunting dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 05:09 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
svg210;4820665]o, I'm supplosed to watch as it diggs up my flower bed in my back yard so it can take a Sh1t? Or smile whenever I go out and see tha my garbage bags got torn up? Good to know.
And dogs or raccoons don't tear up garbage? Take responsibility for your garbage and don't put it out until garbage day.

Nothing excuses what you did.

Quote:
In, your own yard? thats sad. I shot the cat because he was in my yard and wouldnt leave. I tried shooing it away, but it stayed there stubbornley. I had no choice. Stray or not people need to take responsibilty of their pets. Especially cats because its amazing how many go off wandering into other peoples yards, Tearing up their garbage bags. or taunting dogs.
Try a garden hose next time.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:28 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
So, I'm supplosed to watch as it diggs up my flower bed in my back yard so it can take a Sh1t? Or smile whenever I go out and see tha my garbage bags got torn up? Good to know.

YOure young, and make so much money, remember you can afford to be more patient with animals.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:12 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
An8imal cruelty. Your not allowed to shot strays.
A wild animal on someone's property threatening pets and kids, and you are worried about the cat? Sorry, I care for animals as much as the next guy (unless that next guy is Ted Nugent! ), heck, I even swerved to miss a skunk on Leslie Road this morning; but in a situation like this where the authorities won't come to your rescue, it is time to take matters into your own hands. Maybe a 12-gauge is overboard, but WalMart does sell pullet guns and to be honest, it would most likely get the job done!

By the way, I have yet to see a domesticated cat let loose in any neighborhood that stays within the confines of its owner's property. We've had one scaring off the birds for a few weeks now, and it has even killed one recently. I am I am well within my rights to "engage" it on my property, and am about to do so the next time I see it. And I am not joking. If you care that much about your cat, then keep it inside...

Cheers! M2

Old 08-11-2008, 07:15 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times
I hate to admit it but in the county where I live I once called the constable and told him there was a stray dog on my ranch and I was told to shoot it .
Of course my situation involved livestock so maybe that is the reason behind it.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
YOure young, and make so much money, remember you can afford to be more patient with animals.
what does me shooting a cat have to do with my age or income and the most important my patience? Last time I checked if i own my little island and I see a wild animal on my yard, I'm getting rid of it. I dont have to come here and ask for permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
And dogs or raccoons don't tear up garbage? Take responsibility for your garbage and don't put it out until garbage day.

Nothing excuses what you did.

Try a garden hose next time.
Im talking about my back yard. the garbage man doesnt go back there and pick up my bags.

Try a garden hose? are you madd? After I do that they will be afew people moaning about the one gallon I am going to waste. Then I will get pelted with their water restriction nonsense.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
A wild animal on someone's property threatening pets and kids, and you are worried about the cat? Sorry, I care for animals as much as the next guy (unless that next guy is Ted Nugent! ), heck, I even swerved to miss a skunk on Leslie Road this morning; but in a situation like this where the authorities won't come to your rescue, it is time to take matters into your own hands. Maybe a 12-gauge is overboard, but WalMart does sell pullet guns and to be honest, it would most likely get the job done!

By the way, I have yet to see a domesticated cat let loose in any neighborhood that stays within the confines of its owner's property. We've had one scaring off the birds for a few weeks now, and it has even killed one recently. I am I am well within my rights to "engage" it on my property, and am about to do so the next time I see it. And I am not joking. If you care that much about your cat, then keep it inside...

Cheers! M2
Finnally some one with a nice sense of decensey. Thanks, Good to know there are still sane people in here.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:31 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post

Cheers! M2
I think that "Cheers" should have a ???? behind it. You better check with your HOA or local authorities before you shoot anything EVEN on your property....even with a BB gun. How valiant of you to defend the "birds" in your neighborhood from a ferocious kitty.

TXTrkgrl, rural areas are definitely an exception....and yes, protecting livestock counts big time.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:41 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Oh, so you cat owners aren't responsible for your pets? If my dog bit one of your kids, you'd have a cow; but I am suppose to let your cat roam free on my property, killing birds and threatening my pets and kids? Sorry, I am not the only one out there who doesn't want other peoples' animals running around my property...

M2

Last edited by majormadmax; 08-11-2008 at 07:51 PM..

Old 08-11-2008, 07:42 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
I wish the rep button worked, WCat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio