Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 08:32 PM

26 posts, read 44,976 times

Advertisements

Is this a nice neighborhood/area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 07:28 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,983,056 times
Braun Road runs from Bandera Road all the way to 1560 outside of Loop 1604, if that is what you are talking about (Google maps isn't showing any Braun St or Ave in S.A.). Generally, the further you get from Bandera, the newer the homes. There aren't too many businesses along Braun Road, a few at the intersection with 1604 but for the most part there are just neighborhoods that run the length of the road. Nichols Elementary is on Braun, as is the Grenwelge/Braun Farm Complex, a protected homestead owned by the San Antonio Historical Preservation.

The stretch of Braun Road outside of 1604 to 1560 is currently being widened into four lanes. It is a mess at the moment and not due to be completed until next year.

Wildhorse is a mile outside of 1604 and is a huge, newer community and has its own elemtary school (Krueger) as well. There are also several other communities that run along Braun. Is there anyplace in particular that you are looking for?

Cheers! M2

Old 08-18-2008, 08:14 AM

841 posts, read 1,746,892 times
Overall... yes, it is a good area. Near Bandera Road, you have Camino Bandera which is very nice, Braun Station which is very nice, and Braun Oaks, which is very nice. The intersection at 1604 has one or two older, not great neighborhoods, but being adjacent to the nicer neighborhoods has prevented them from declining too much.

Braun Station is probably my favorite just because it was developed over 30 years time (not cookie cutter homes) and has a ton of trees. The elementary school has also traditionally had very good parental involvement.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:59 PM

89 posts, read 258,868 times
It is a great area...close to major retailers and good dining establishments. The schools in the area are also evry good. My wife and I live in the area and are moving only because we are trying to find a larger home...but we LOVE the Braun Road area. Hey, if you are interested, we have a GREAT home we can sell you!! : )

Old 08-20-2008, 05:08 AM

Hi M2! Thank you all for the info I am asking because I found a great home in the area/street location! Txspark message me with the info I'd love to hear more about it! Thanks Montirob I love the school information!

Old 08-20-2008, 06:08 AM

lamaha

If I may ask, which neighborhood? We would be able to give you more specific information if we knew exactly where on Braun you are looking...

Cheers! M2

Old 08-20-2008, 07:26 AM

Hi M2! OK I've totally changed my mind What do you know about helotes, TX? 78023 area? I am interested in a school in that area. We plan to be in SA in 9 months! We are still looking for a place and the schools are driving us at this point, Northside school district 100-165K homes 3B 2B.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:00 AM

Helotes sits on the 'edge' of San Antonio. We are just outside of their city limits as well as the city limits of S.A., so that means no city taxes! Whereas that is mostly a good thing, there are some downsides (no city services). But Helotes itself is a nice place, albeit a tightknit community. But the area is beautiful (it sits at the beginning of the Hill Country) and we like it.

NISD is a great school district, both my wife and I are big fans of it. Our youngest son is autistic and he has gotten great service at his school. We are very involved in our boys' education (As a matter of fact, I even served on the NISD bond committee) and can tell you firsthand that NISD has a lot of dedicated professionals in it.

Despite our lower cost of living as compared to the rest of the country, you will probably have to go towards your upper limit to find a newer 3BR/2BA. But it is a buyer's market right now, so you may luck out. A good realtor will be a real help, we had a great one and it made the world of difference. We were still overseas when we started talking with him, and we had a deposit on a house in half a day. We ended up taking that one, but we wanted to look at a few more places to make sure we weren't making a mistake. Our realtor was with us every step of the way, to include the closing. We were very happy with him.

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio