Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:19 PM

905 posts, read 2,960,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2begreen View Post
I was at Arbolito's on San Pedro today.
It used to be Callaway's, if I remember.
Nice prices, Really friendly people. Great selection, and growing.
It was a good experience.
Also, I think Wolfe is the name of the nursery on Ruiz.
I was there today, too! They were very friendly there, offering advice for the lemon and lime trees I bought, even pointing out that there were crepe myrtles on sale for $1.80. Too bad I didn't need any! It was awfully hot and humid, and they were offering free sodas or water, a free pothos ivy with purchase, and a drawing for free mdse. I guess I'll be going back there tomorrow for the mulch that was on sale.

As for the Esperanza, I have some I bought at the beginning of the summer that really went wild after the rains. Before then, they just sort of grew. Something about that rainwater...no matter how much I may water or baby those plants, the rain came through so much better than anything I could have done. Give yours time and see how they grow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 08:59 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,557,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post

As for the Esperanza, I have some I bought at the beginning of the summer that really went wild after the rains. Before then, they just sort of grew. Something about that rainwater...no matter how much I may water or baby those plants, the rain came through so much better than anything I could have done. Give yours time and see how they grow.
I just made a similar comment on my blog about my shadow turf grass plugs. They're taking forever to fill in, and I water frequently (supposed to water a lot initially to get them established). They've grown, but barely, but the week after some good rains, they really spread. I don't know what it is...

Old 08-29-2008, 11:54 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,296,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I just made a similar comment on my blog about my shadow turf grass plugs. They're taking forever to fill in, and I water frequently (supposed to water a lot initially to get them established). They've grown, but barely, but the week after some good rains, they really spread. I don't know what it is...
Mother nature, I guess!

Old 08-30-2008, 07:30 AM

82 posts, read 311,000 times
What a pleasure this thread is.
I love that we got away with saying so much about a biz trying to make it.
progressive!

Old 08-30-2008, 08:20 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2begreen View Post
What a pleasure this thread is.
I love that we got away with saying so much about a biz trying to make it.
progressive!
It's not the owner of the nursery coming on here and yammering about how awesome their place is, while slamming Rainbow Gardens. It's really not a difficult concept to grasp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio