Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 01:14 AM

348 posts, read 1,223,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Where exactly is the dog park in San Marcos? Have friends with dogs there.
From I-35, travel along E Hopkins, pass Bobcat Blvd on your right, the dog-park is directly behind the San Marcos Public Library.

I wish SA would get with the program and protect more of our precious land....we need more city parks/natural greenbelts and of course another dog-park!

The City of San Marcos has done an amazing job in protecting their natural beauty. I graduated from SWT and while I was there, I truly appreciated my surroundings...the river, running/biking/hiking trails, etc.

One day it will be too late for San Antonio....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 06:57 AM

8 posts, read 30,514 times
GoTExan is right. San Marcos has done a great job keeping the natural beauty. We kayak the river almost every weekend and it's just gorgeous. Of course there is still the littering problem but at least they have the annual river clean-up.

We are planning a trip to McAlister dog park next week after thing settle down from the move. I'll take some pictures while I'm there

Old 09-16-2008, 12:09 AM

50 posts, read 168,883 times
Check into the shadier history of the Good Government League and Walter McAllister and you'll see that a doggie landmine field is an appropriate memorial. I'm going to think of Walter McAllister and the pre-Hemisfair land purchases he made and profited from when I walk my dog there. I might not bag it either. (kidding about the bagging)

Old 09-16-2008, 11:06 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepwebster View Post
Check into the shadier history of the Good Government League and Walter McAllister and you'll see that a doggie landmine field is an appropriate memorial. I'm going to think of Walter McAllister and the pre-Hemisfair land purchases he made and profited from when I walk my dog there. I might not bag it either. (kidding about the bagging)
Hello George....again! Wow....you jumped right in and made yourself home here! Welcome! I'm glad you're kidding about the bagging doggy poop part.....but you're comments in a number of threads here seem to be casting a very ugly light on this city. Please don't make this place your political arena for whatever you're trying to champion. You'll make yourself sick if you walk through life looking at everything with such cynical views. Today....we have a dog park at McAllister park. People are enjoying it. Did anyone die or suffer in what you claim was shady or profiteering?

I'm not enjoying visiting this forum today with your dark comments peppering every other post.

Do we need to go back to the original land grants and analyze who owned what and why everyone sold and purchased what they did? This isn't a forum for tearing apart the fabric of this city....good or bad. Seems like we're headed for demands of reparations of some kind that most of the people in this city have/had no part in.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:08 PM

186 posts, read 690,100 times
I went here for the first time today, I loved it! Honestly I think the smaller parks are better because the dogs are more likely to socialize with each other. There are lots of toys and I found it to be pretty well kept. I understand the request for small dog area, but I noticed today most big dogs were hanging with big dogs, and little with little. It'd be sad if there were only a few dogs there that day and there was a lonely big dog with no one to play with. I think as long as people follow the rules and remove their dog if he's causing aggression, the size is fine.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:15 PM

33 posts, read 86,810 times
The park it's o.k., but an area for small dogs is necessary. My wife and I own 2 Pugs, and everytime we go, the big dogs try to "play" with the small dogs. Just keep your small dogs on a leash until they feel safe and comfortable with the surroundings.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:58 AM

186 posts, read 690,100 times
Default McAllister Dog Park on Facebook

Check out the group 'McAllister Dog Park' on facebook and join if you like the park!

Old 09-19-2009, 02:23 PM

574 posts, read 1,338,732 times
I definitely think the dog park could be larger with a separate area for smaller dogs, for those who have smaller dogs that can't seem to fit in with the larger dogs.

I have 3 small dogs I take there and they have a good time socializing with dogs of all sizes.

I'm glad that San Antonio has dog parks, a few more would be nice in the future. I live close enough, but I have friends who wish they had one in their part of town. Definitely recommend McAllister's dog park. and echoes some of the above advice about keeping your dog on the leash until they can get a feel for the park.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:31 PM

28 posts, read 94,801 times
We went to the dog park for the first time today. I ahve a 6lb. yorkie and a 25lb. schnauzer. W did not let our dogs off lease because they are not used to it. They do need an area for the small dogs. No matter how many times we go I will never let my yorkie off the lease, she is just to small and there are alot of big dogs. Last feb. or march there was a small dog killed there. I don't know any of the details.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:34 AM

42 posts, read 147,289 times
I was extremely disappointed with the McAllister Dog Park. It is FAR too small for a city this size. Ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio