Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 06:58 PM

131 posts, read 379,118 times

Advertisements

Anybody have any info on this new home builder? Looking at purchasing a home from them. Looking for anyones insight. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 02:13 PM

131 posts, read 379,118 times
Really, no responses? Have I really stumped the brains on City Data?

Old 01-13-2010, 05:46 PM

16 posts, read 39,334 times
Default Rialto Homes

Does anyone know anything about this home builder "Rialto Homes"?
I could not find anything on them online, are they new to the San Antonio area?

They are building off of Kyle Seale Hwy near Somona Ranch and we decided to put down earnest money, but we are kind of hestitate on building a home from them.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:48 PM

16 posts, read 39,334 times
I feel the same way about Rialto Homes. We are hestitate on building a home off of Kyle Seale Hwy with them.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:11 PM

25 posts, read 98,735 times
Does anybody have any experiances with Rialto Homes since this thread was last updated? We have been looking at potentially building a Rialto home in the Ridge at Sonoma Verde.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:03 PM

48 posts, read 192,986 times
Sorry folks, as a mortgage banker in SA for the past 15 years, I have not financed any Borrowers with Rialto as the builder. I do not have any knowledge of this builder. I have asked a number of my agent business partners, and they also do not have any knowledge either way of this builder.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:41 AM

156 posts, read 182,243 times
Hi, wanted to bump this thread to see any new experiences with them. Looking in the Shavano area.

Thanks

Old 03-06-2018, 12:52 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,938,069 times
Their history goes something like this. It started in San Antonio under the name Sheridan Homes. The company home base was in Dallas Texas. They lacked a significant emphasis on quality and consequently was only around a year. Then the management team changed as well as the name to Rialto. The original owners have since sold their equity to a pair of brothers, as I understand their relationship, by the name of Avnon. I couldn't tell you anything about their build quality as they don't build many so they're not on my radar screen. Their office manager was previously with KB Homes, then Obra Homes, then Sheridan, then Rialto, if that makes any difference to you.
I've probably said this numerous times here but the name on the front door means nothing. The build quality will be according to the guy that wears the superintendent hat. He's the guy the subs are really loyal to and will work harder and better for than for the front door name plate. If you are considering building a new home, the first question would be "who is the project manager, who is the construction manager, and how long have they been building homes"? You're looking for a project manager of at least 10 years experience. And while this may seem a little off, when you start the build, take a styrofoam ice chest of soft drinks by the construction trailer or morning tacos. You can't believe the attention you'll get by friending these guys.

Old 03-06-2018, 04:40 PM

156 posts, read 182,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Their history goes something like this. It started in San Antonio under the name Sheridan Homes. The company home base was in Dallas Texas. They lacked a significant emphasis on quality and consequently was only around a year. Then the management team changed as well as the name to Rialto. The original owners have since sold their equity to a pair of brothers, as I understand their relationship, by the name of Avnon. I couldn't tell you anything about their build quality as they don't build many so they're not on my radar screen. Their office manager was previously with KB Homes, then Obra Homes, then Sheridan, then Rialto, if that makes any difference to you.
I've probably said this numerous times here but the name on the front door means nothing. The build quality will be according to the guy that wears the superintendent hat. He's the guy the subs are really loyal to and will work harder and better for than for the front door name plate. If you are considering building a new home, the first question would be "who is the project manager, who is the construction manager, and how long have they been building homes"? You're looking for a project manager of at least 10 years experience. And while this may seem a little off, when you start the build, take a styrofoam ice chest of soft drinks by the construction trailer or morning tacos. You can't believe the attention you'll get by friending these guys.
Thanks. Good advice. Problem we have is that we also live in West Texas. Ideally, we'd like to be close by during the build, but not feasible. Watching the market, not much in the are we would like.

We liked the Monticello homes the best, they required the most money down to proceed.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:45 PM

9,853 posts, read 13,708,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbebo View Post
Watching the market, not much in the are we would like.
Why this area if there's nothing you like? Have you been to the 78257 area? Or are you going off the hype of the zip code and area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio