Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:11 PM

Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,599,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
i finally got a car
she now has one - which I think was her point.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:44 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times
The University of Texas at Austin has online shopping for all kinds of groceries and meals. I think it was like fifty cents extra for every item ordered. I don't remember.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:42 AM

554 posts, read 2,307,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dendox View Post
she now has one - which I think was her point.

Ah...I reread it and saw that. I just missed it the first time.

I find that it is hard to decipher posts when people don't use basic gramatical tools like paragraphs.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:39 PM

69 posts, read 301,618 times
I finally got a car... sorry i thought i mentioned that... but i also have friends in other parts of town who do this so we can cover a large area... I had a couple of friends who also have kids and know how hard it is to go shopping when you don't have a two car household.. or even for the elderly... and the single moms. so we started our own little delivering endeavor and i must say it's fun.. and i do free service for a couple of elderly people that are on our routes... as volunteer service.. also if i ever see an elderly person walking with their groceries i usually pull over and offer them a ride... i think it's something nice we can all do.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,630 times
Default San Antonio Grocery Delivery Service

Hello,

San Antonio does have a local grocery delivery service, its located on the web at Your Groceries Delivered in San Antonio, Texas. Local Grocery Delivery Service. (broken link). I'm new to San Antonio myself, job transfer (Don't ask!). Anyway, my company car wasn't ready, but my family and I did need groceries. Unwilling to ask my boss or put my family on the bus, my wife did a search on Google (I luv them!), and she found that website. We'd never ordered groceries before, but they were great. They took our order down, purchased our food, and delivered it fresh to our door. They even helped put our groceries up for us. As they left, they told us they have a refer a friend program, that if we refer a friend to them, our next order is free! Too bad I don't know anyone here in San Antonio.

If my company doesn't get my car to me before next week, I'll definately be using them again. Highly recommened, first class bunch.

Last edited by BigTexasBoy; 09-27-2007 at 02:26 AM..

Old 10-01-2007, 02:26 PM

7 posts, read 17,807 times
Thx for the info Big Texas Boy

Old 10-01-2007, 09:28 PM

454 posts, read 505,574 times
Check out Home

Their S. Alamo location no longer has groceries, it's become a deli and wine bar (quite nice though) but their Houston St location has groceries and they do delivery.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:35 AM

22 posts, read 95,854 times
I used this service in the Seattle area, and I lOVED it! Especially with two working parents and busy kids, there's no time for grocery shopping. Safeway did a great job with picking the best fruits, meats etc. If this service was around here I would use it in a hearbeat. Hopefully HEB will start this soon. Maybe if we all put in our request, they will speed things up.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:46 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,776,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forevertexas View Post
I used this service in the Seattle area, and I lOVED it! Especially with two working parents and busy kids, there's no time for grocery shopping. Safeway did a great job with picking the best fruits, meats etc. If this service was around here I would use it in a hearbeat. Hopefully HEB will start this soon. Maybe if we all put in our request, they will speed things up.

I ought to offer this service.... I'm out of work (have been for a long time), can't seem to find a position in my own field, and I am a fabulous COOK, so I know how to shop well..... you know, how to pick out the best ingredients, find reasonable bargains but maintaining quality, etc. ... I have some fabulous 'personal' recipes and I could throw one in with the groceries just as a little 'bonus'..... ooops, all of that is in storage though, I'd have to do it from memory I guess.... LOL.....
I get some contract work in my own field but it's sparse... just got a nice check for the last two jobs I completed/closed, and have sent out some flyers and business cards to drum up some more work... I'll be following up on those later this week..... but.... there is no guarantee of anything ever.... I work as an independent contractor so there is not even any tax withheld.....

Don't think I'm allowed to solicit business on here though......

Old 10-02-2007, 12:04 PM

22 posts, read 95,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
I ought to offer this service.... I'm out of work (have been for a long time), can't seem to find a position in my own field, and I am a fabulous COOK, so I know how to shop well..... you know, how to pick out the best ingredients, find reasonable bargains but maintaining quality, etc. ... I have some fabulous 'personal' recipes and I could throw one in with the groceries just as a little 'bonus'..... ooops, all of that is in storage though, I'd have to do it from memory I guess.... LOL.....
I get some contract work in my own field but it's sparse... just got a nice check for the last two jobs I completed/closed, and have sent out some flyers and business cards to drum up some more work... I'll be following up on those later this week..... but.... there is no guarantee of anything ever.... I work as an independent contractor so there is not even any tax withheld.....

Don't think I'm allowed to solicit business on here though......

Well there you go! Maybe you can talk to the local grocers and work as a contractor delivering the groceries for them. I think I just gave you a wonderful idea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio