Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2007, 03:05 PM

20 posts, read 67,675 times

Advertisements

I plan on moving to San Antonio very soon and was curious to know some of the better areas around the airport, which i believe is north of the city, and if anyone has any suggestions as far as apartments, that would help greatly, thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 03:18 PM

70 posts, read 168,215 times
Alamo Heights, Olmos Park, Terrell Hills. Also, for apartments, Monte Vista and surrounding areas. There are a great many duplexes and small multifamily apartments that are individually owned. Do you need to secure a place before you get here? If so maybe try craigslist. Or you might talk to Debra Maltz at centroproperties.com. She mostly concentrates on downtown properties but can also help you find something "inside the loop" (within Loop 410).

If you don't need to secure a place before you move, drive around those areas for a few days and look for "for rent" signs. Good luck!

Old 04-19-2007, 03:53 PM

554 posts, read 2,307,785 times
In addition the the previous recommendations, I'd also suggest the Castle Hills area. Also the area off of Thousand Oaks, Hill Country Village, and Hollywood Park.

If you look at a map of San Antonio you'll notice that the highways are shaped like a bullseye. Downtown is in the middle. The airport is just about 7-8 miles north of downtown at 281 & 410. There is a lot of San Antonio north of the airport.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:24 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,442,886 times
Can you really call that San Antonio? It could be anywhere USA honestly. To answer the OP though, The Alamo Quarry area is filled with new apartments and between downtown and maybe 2 miles south of the airport. Also you might want to check out the Oakwell Farms area, it's a gated community, but has very nice apartments surrounding it along with garden offices and several restaurants it about 2 miles east of the Airport.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:37 AM

20 posts, read 67,675 times
thanks for the help, im still not definite yet though, the move from Virginia is pretty expensive, and way out of my price range.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:49 AM

554 posts, read 2,307,785 times
There's a lot of areas of San Antonio that probably look the same as other communities across the country. Stone Oak isn't the only one of them. And for that matter, there are plenty of areas between the airport and 1604 that are decades old and have a strong history/establishment in San Antonio. My dad helped my grandfather build a house in Hollywood Park in the 1960s, and I hardly think that they thought they were building in "Anywhere USA."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio